2.71 crashing on 6dof constraints

I’m using blender 2.71

I open the file referenced on this page

http://bgepython.tutorialsforblender3d.com/PhysicsConstraints/6DOF/LinearMotor/createConstraint

hit P

and blender hard crashes -

leaving me with this error message in a crash.txt

Blender 2.71 (sub 0), Commit date: 2014-06-25 18:36, Hash 9337574

2.70 is running fine, but 2.71 seems to hate the idea of 6dof constraints.

hi PaulStormblader,

It’s working for me with Blender 2.71 (Windows 64 bit version). The first time I downloaded it, it ran but I got an error message about an incorrect sRGB profile.

I first created that file using Blender 2.6x so that might have been the problem. I resaved it using Blender 2.71 and uploaded that to my site (tutorialsforblender3d.com). I don’t get the error message anymore. Try downloading the file again and see if it still crashes.

Clark

I’ve found your site very helpful! Thanks for putting all those useful resources up there.

It’s still crashing blender 2.71 64bit version on my computer. It’s also crashing blender 2.72 rc1 (from a .zip).

It’s working fine in blender 2.70. I’m not sure why. Perhaps I should uninstall all blender version and pythons and try again.

Good to know it’s localized. It crashes on the part where the joint is put together.

Hey PaulStormblader, I have exactly that same problem. I had to go back to Blender 2.70. Win8 64bit.

My 2.71 in WIN7(64bit) ALWAYS crashes when hitting ‘P’, if no valid selection for separation is active.
Am I the only one?

I don’t know if that is an Windows 8 problem.
I am using the Blender 2.71 32 bit version with Windows 7 64 bit, without problems.
The BGE don’t runs faster if you use the 64 bit version. If you are working with the BGE, it is better to use the 32 bit version, because it is more stable and if you export your game the file will runny on 32 and 64 bit Windows.

Indeed, switching to the 32-bit version of Blender 2.71 fixes the problem for me.

I don’t have crashes just hitting “p” it always has to do with creating joints.

Maybe it’s related to python 3.4

I don’t have crashes just hitting “p” it always has to do with creating joints.

Yes I know. Do you have tested it with a 32 bit version?

Hello
it works - well, the red cube moves- in Debian/GNU/Linux 64 and Blender 2.71.
Bye