Yet Another Simple Skin Shader

Hello, i have built this skin shader over the last months, and the great characteristic is that it uses only one image as input. In other words, you only need one Diffuse Map, and voila, skin is quite believable. there’s a link to a .blend file with a head included, ready to render.

The shader is built for a character of 1.79 Blender units in height, as a scale reference, if you use a bigger or a smaller character, you have to adjust the Scale on both SSS Nodes inside the SSS node group.

It is composed of somewhat heavy maths that change the Diffuse map in certain ways considering the influence of the three color channels to balance the translucency in a realistic way.

I believe this shader is great for beginners to study and increase their knowledge, as well as to improve on their skills, so that’s why i’m sharing it.

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/mVBxjGX2ba/Shader.html

EIDT:
Link for DropBox download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23bfz8e33hsgryt/Shader.blend?dl=0

Looks really great!..
Thanks for the post of the blend file download…

however…

Pasteall.org is a much better download site than the one your using…

Oh, thanks for the advice, man! I’ll be sure to try it.

EDIT: I forgot to attach one node inside the .blend file, when you open it, you’ll notice it.
The displacement output of the SSS group is not attached to the Output Node, so, please attach it when you open the .blend file.

EDIT2: You have to attach it in both materials that use the Skin Shader, that is, Head, and Face.

Cooool! Thanks for sharing the file! I have learned a lot of useful stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing man!

You guys are welcome.

Yeah, if you could maybe try uploading it to pastall or Drop box, then that would be great! I got a virus from a 4shared thingy once, so I’ve hallways been cautious of it :wink:

BTW, shader looks really good BTW!

Added a dropbox link.

YAY! Thank you so much! :smiley: Will test the shader soon!

Added a dropbox link.

Thanks so much!

Feel free to give feedback on what you think about of the shader, when you test it on other characters, i want to see if it works on other characters, if you guys could post some pics of your characters, i would appreciate very much.