Secrets of Time

“When Time is spent, Eternity begins”
- Helen Hunt Jackson

Blender 2.71 / Cycles / Post in Gimp
Hi fellas, here’s a new scene I’ve been working on. This one took a lot more work than I thought, specially figuring out the lighting (a bunch of it ended up in post). Hope you like it :smiley:

Here’s the texture inside the watch straight out of inkscape. Wish I could have made it more visible in the final composition :rolleyes:

Excellent scene, amazing detail … just a serious lighting blow-out problem in the upper right corner of the frame. And a few fireflies that, really, cannot yet be excused.

I’d love to read a complete tutorial on how you used Inkscape … step by step … to create that lavishly detailed clock-face.

I’m anxious to see a re-render of this so that it can go straight to the Gallery where such a marvelous undertaking certainly does belong.

Sweet scene…expressive…think the watch does indeed deserve a close up…now…the one thing that pokes me in the eye (aside from the mentioned blow-out)…the ribbon bookmark…the tattered end is great but the rest looks too heavily creased length wise …the spot of light highlights it…more…bigger…I wanna walk right in…thanks

Absolutely gorgeous! Nothing more to be said.

Thanks for the comments guys,

just a serious lighting blow-out problem in the upper right corner of the frame. And a few fireflies that, really, cannot yet be excused.

There are no fireflies in this render, I spent a good while making sure of that :). I added some specks of dust in post, but I went overboard with the textures so It looked like fireflies and overblown higlights instead.

I’d love to read a complete tutorial on how you used Inkscape … step by step … to create that lavishly detailed clock-face.

Sounds like a good idea for a tut

the tattered end is great but the rest looks too heavily creased length wise

That ribbon has been pissing me off since forever. I couldn’t find a usable texture, so I tried to model it and use alpha maps but I couldn’t find a way to make it look right. I just painted over it in the end, way easier.

Here’s a more balanced version:

(click!)

Also found a not-too-old clay render of the key: