Covered kitchen table with sugar, salt & pepper

Greetings Everyone! This is my first WIP render posted. I am a hobbyist user of Blender and have logged an hour or two a week for the past 9 months in learning it (from scratch, I’ve had no exposure to 3D before). This is a scene I am using to explore materials, textures, some modifiers and lighting. I’m posting this so that I can get some tips from those who are more experienced!

I started with the teapot mesh that is part of Blender, modified it and added a second handle. Then I went to work on the sugar. I’ve had several different versions (with 1 having 2 million faces, mostly tris :eek:) That number is now down to 46K faces w/ 91K tris. So my mesh modelling is improving. I then modeled the spoon from scratch. I tried all different materials combos just to see how they look & settled on a porcelain / ceramic type look with a little more reflection. A late addition was the salt & pepper shakers which I obtained on BlendSwap (by YellowPanda). Next up will be a vase with roses… I hope! So, give me your take on this WIP project.

I like the materials on the sugar bowl, and the salt and pepper, and the sugar is pretty good too, but the spoon throws me. also, imo, a tablecloth would be better than a stark flat surface.
(edit) and welcome to blenderartists.

Ok, second go round. Still haven’t attacked the spoon material, but I ditched the checkered tablecloth for a wood table (my favorite type). Added the rose and vase. That rose took quite a while to get on the right track. Before I forget how I did them, I’m going to model a fully open rose and a rose bud. I will put them in my library! Also added HDRI lighting. So here’s the second shot…