stair scene

suggestions?

top one is most recent

Attachments

Looking good. Like the smooth forms and they way it blends into the level above.

Nice looking work on your tumble to! Your tutorial on spiral stairs it just what I’m looking for :D. Will post results soon!

Awesome use of space. Real depth.

some changes, which do you prefer? or do you prefer the previous images.

(Low samples atm, can take quite long to render)

Attachments

Now in HD
GTX 460 1920x1200 1200samples 5h

Attachments

I really like the Idea, however, there is ligth comming from some other place than the hole in the top, and the over scattering of light is avoiding the viewer to focus where you are looking for to (I guess)

With respect. Cheers

And great idea and realization!

I personally like the warm coloured version. Yes there is some miss lighting but the light beams deficiently helps the image and highlights the curves nicely.

Thanks for feedback,

I personally don’t mind the other lightspots, but I’m experimenting with it :wink:
is there a way to set up a material that lets skylight trough, but blocks sunlight?

And yeah I also perfer the warmer version

Better?

I blocked sunlight by a mesh that is constrainted to the sun with copy rotation.

Attachments

In my opinion, you have, now, the cornerstone of a great scene…
I want to know where is this going to end…

Keep it up

Well now I’m thinking about putting some stuff in it, and (what I should have done in the first place XD) thinking what this room is going to be. And wether I should put stuff in it at all etc.

Sounds easier than it is, as this room is somehow a mix betwenn exterior and interior XD I’m thinking about something like an exhibition room for a museum with sculptures minimal art whatever, that won’t get damaged when it rains ^^

Suggestions?

Something like this maybe:
( I know I kinda destroyed the first image but looks not bad imho in the second)

Attachments

I really like this man very cool concept. I think you should think bigger than putting stuff inside. Maybe make a video with leaves falling down into the space and some slow moving camera movement. Your background trees give the impression of fall time which is perfect. Keep the inside minimal with the organic form and hard concrete surface.

One thing you should change is the thickness of the sides along the stairs. If they are to be concrete cast in place they would be at least the thickness of an open hand or 6-8 inches. Right now they seem unrealistically thin.

Keep going man check out “The Third and the Seventh” yours reminds me much of that with similar quality:)

Haha looks like we posted at nearly the same time. Take your time on the leaves and think about keeping the space empty:)

you mean the handrail? It’s 5cm and wooden atm so should be fine, but to make it concret cast sounds actually not bad too.
I completely agree with leaving the room empty, however I fear that it would look a bit empty for others.
And as a soon to be finished actual architect I think every room should have a purpose^^

Refering to “the Third and the Seventh” is hell of a compliment, thank you. :slight_smile:

Emptynes better than senseless…

I like the animation idea… and I guess all of us where thinking on TT&TS when we look at your render.
Maybe one single leaf falling drawing a sexy while is sinking on this modern cave…

Like I said, great potential on this image so far

Wow I loved this since you first posted, but I especially love the latest updates! I’m not too sure about the dominoes in the background, but I really love the leaves. They add the perfect touch, and this would make animating this scene really effective. LOL I thought the same thing about the The Third and The Seventh!! Good work man, keep it up! 5*

Really like the mood you are creating with this image.
I prefer the image in post #9…in that i would add a water pool around the vertical wall, large more o less like the stair; just an idea :slight_smile:

Water around the wall didn’t really work either

Well I think of leaving as it is, and won’t place any stuff in it, rather focusing on how to get the materials and everything that is already in the scene as perfect as posible.

Added not only a glossmap but also a fresnel for the glossiness. Added some Dirt/darker parts around the top opening.
Anyone knows a good concrete texture for the back wall, my current one has got some obvious ugly tiling, especially at higher samples and res :confused:

where are the material pros ^^

Attachments