linking object to new file gives rig bad results

Hi There,

I made a book which is rigged (CGCookie) and is linked to a master file. When animated and the the master file is re-opend again, I need to move the timeline 1 frame in order to get a part of the book on the right spot. So the cover is on his animated spot but the pages are on the grid where they are in the original file. As said, by moving 1 frame the rig gets updated…

Also, in the beginning of the animation the book falls down on the floor. When faliing, the interieur tend to be 1 frame behind the cover which gives the result that the ‘pages’ seems to not being able to follow the cover…

I would be understandable for me if it was only in the viewport but it is unfortunaly also in the rendering

In the original file the rig works seemless. But in the master file I get the problems.

Does anyone has an idea what causes the problem?

(second pic is the freshley openend blend file, and 1st pic is the beginning of animation)

Thanks a lot,
Twan

Attachments

This actually sounds like a current bug where using a Driver on a Rigg causes it to lag one framre behind the other… I’m not sure what the progress is on this or what the problem is exactly… I have yet to see this happen myself… but I have heard several people speak of it…

but this may not be what is up in your case…

thanks Norvman,

I went back a few versions but the problems remains intil the file isnt compatible anymore which is the case at version 2.60. I guess the only thing left is to make it local…
Unless someone els has a neath tip!

thanks

you might have better luck if you posted a file for us to see…