1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT390 Fastback

Hello, Everyone. I’ve been getting tired of looking at my TARDIS Interior so I decided to model a car. I’d like to quickly thank sidghe for helping me find some tutorials to get started.

I’ve currently only worked on the hood. It has a few problems with verts not being in good places but I’m going to go with it for now.

Please don’t hesitate to critique.

Nice start, Before you go on the the next part, I would go over what you have here, and check for bumps. I see a few in your mesh. It may seem small or unimportant now, but once you get to rendering, it will make a world of difference.

Thanks. I already started on the next part but I’ll go in and try to fix the bumps. Do you think it would be a good idea to take the smooth sculpting brush to help with those?

Ok. I fixed the bumps and added two extra parts (they are separate objects).

If any of you with more car modelling experience could give me a better idea on topology around the wheel. It feels like the edge loops are a bit close together.

Nice improvements. The things I noticed are the gap left and above the wheel are is too big, and for the topology, try and have larger evenly spaced faces. This will help a lot with editing later, bumps because there are a lot less vertices to be bumpy.

Here’s an example of the wheel arch topo from my GT40, its not the greatest thing in the world, but it turned out fairly smooth. Use it as an idea on how to fix up those loopcuts on the right of the arch.

Thanks, guys. Basically the conclusion I’m coming up with is that I need to use less geometry? I think I’m going to go it and use some retopology methods to get some bigger, easier to work with, quads.

I went and retopologized the hood. It’s now much easier to work with. Do I have the right idea?