REALISITC FLARE COMPOSITING PACK (Available on Blender Market)

Hi guys,

I have seen countless request on both the BA forum as well as other communities for an better Visual Effects in blender and because of this I have been working the last couple of months on designing different Visual Effects nodes for the Compositor,

I today am proud to release the first of my Compositor Visual Effects Series:

Flare Compositor Pack - Vol 1 [only $22.95]

This Pack contains 4 different and unique Flare types all designed to be easy-to-use and reasonably fast:
[SUP]*for more detail go to the Blender Market Page of the product.
[/SUP]

Flare - Flashlight
d=1410506761

Flare - Headlight
d=1410506794

Flare - Laser
d=1410506929

Flare - Sun
d=1410506953

Cheers,

Jim Morren

Looks cool! Quick question, do you support polygonal flares? Circles are great for some things, but others look better with hexagons/whatever.

@DarkCrescent, Yes, there will be Hexagon, Oktogon, etc. in future packs.

Wonderful, thanks for the info.

Your welcome

Looks awesome, I wish I could get it. How do you adjust the location of the lens flare?

Can the flares be occluded by objects in the scene? (like the surface of a passing spaceship blocks the sun just for a few seconds)
Can you have multiple ones used in one scene? (like if I wanted to map them to head lights of a car)
Do these exist in 3-dimensional space? (like, can I control its global XYZ position via empty)

Is basic compositing, just like the glare node, and ghost node, it uses the emit pass of your renderlayer and composites it accordingly.

yes, an object can abstract the flare just like the Glare [Fog Glow] node and Glare [Ghost] node.

It is processed after the render.

I will put together a quick demo, just a min…

Quick Demo

System used:

Type: Small Laptop

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core 2.30GHz (Not Recommended, Very Slow) (i5 Quad-Core 3Ghz or up recommended)
RAM: 3.00 GB (Not Recommended, Crashes are Frequent) (8.00 GB or up recommended)
GPU: ATI Mobility 3xxx series (wasn’t used in the compositing)

Is there supposed to be sound?

Thats really cool. I think occluded lights should be better supported but I have no idea if that’s possible.

I would ask how you did it but you probably don’t want to give away the secrets to a product you’re selling.

sorry headset mic isn’t working anymore, all I get is static when recording, need to find a replacement.

Cheers,

J

As you can see by my annoying mouse movement I did try to record sound with it…

Are there any plans on making it work with HDR spheres? as current it relys on the Emit Output.

Instead of using the emit output, try using the material index as a mask for a mix node to give you the lamp with a black background.

I was talking bout Environment lights… The setup i am imagining at the moment would be a greater than node, output would be multiplied against the environment output. but would be cool just to have it handled in the node itself.

Ok. I don’t see where that would be useful though. I never actually want to show my hdr in my final render.

Might not be useful to you, but to us it would be highly useful. 99% of our renders use the HDR sphere as the background. It is more a case of getting decent HDR spheres which can hold up in quality level to the render size, as well as having no foreground in the HDR sphere itself.

Thanks for posting this video :slight_smile: I see now how this works :smiley:

I’m sold on the quality, my favorite is the headlight flare, has such scifi potential. I’m looking forward to the polygonal flares, as well as whatever else you got planned.

Use the environment pass instead of the emit pass? Or emit+environment (add node) if you have regular lights too?