Animator needed for Unity3D Game - Bushido: Legend of the Samurai

Hi, my name is Sam and I’m the project lead for Meteor Pixel’s latet game- Bushido: Legend of the Samurai.

Bushido has been in development for nearly 2 years, and we’re now at the point where we want to swap out some of the placeholder assets (such as animations) for our own.

We’ve already made a few animations ourselves (e.g. walk, jog, turn on the spot) but ideally want to focus our time in other areas as we lead up to our upcoming fund-raising campaign. Also, animation isn’t a core discipline of any of our current team members- so we don’t want to put anything out there that looks sub-par.

We already have a fully rigged character with some basic IK controls, so any potential animators would be able to start creating movements right away.

Animation’s that we require include:

• Walking Backwards
  • Strafing Left and Right
  • Drawing of the sword (and sheathing it again)
  • Idle pose with the sword drawn
  • Different attacks (8 in total)
  • Different blocks (one for each attack)
  • Moving forward/left/right/back with the sword drawn
  • Evading forward/left/right/back with the sword drawn

This works out to be about 30 different animations, although many of them could be mirrored/use another as a strong starting point.

If you’d like to find out more on the project, you can view our IndieDB profile here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/bushido-legend-of-the-samurai. Many thanks for your interest in the project. Feel free to PM me with any questions or to reply to this post directly.

Sam