Gibson Guitar

Hi there! I’ve made this scene through many hours of work, but i’m still unhappy of the result, in particular with lights and shades. I need some advice to improve my work. The picture is rendered at 6000 samples with Cycles. No post-processing
Thank you

I don’t think your shaders are too far off—maybe just a little too reflective. The modeling looks solid, too. Part of what might be throwing you off is the angle of the composition: it’s a dynamic point of view, but doesn’t have a strong focal point. Aiming the camera more directly on the bridge, or the volume/EQ knobs will help give the overall image a stronger composition.

The picture is rendered at 6000 samples with Cycles. No post-processing

Rendering with 6000 is a bit excessive. You should be able to get a good result with 2000 or less (my studio rides the line between 1000 and 2000 for production renders) but you can get great results with Render Layer sample overrides if you need a higher level of control. Play around with a few settings and see what you get—lower sample settings also means a faster render. :slight_smile:

Thank you guy! I used 6000 samples because the golden logo on bottom of the picture gave me too noise… i know 6000 are a lot:yes:

Did you base this on a real guitar? Everythig seems too rounded to me, more like a Fender style guitar. All the hardware definitely needs harder edges and the tailpiece needs to be thicker.

Other that that, looks good.

Try using the indirect samples clamp setting as well. What you might be seeing are fireflies, not sampling artifacts. That will help you get rid of those without exponentially increasing your render time. :slight_smile:

You’re right, but what i get from the render is effectively noise, not fireflies…however i’ll try with your advice, thanks:yes:

I think your guitar is great, just that white material on the equalizers can be better. You can put some signs of civilization; maybe an amplifier and a light extension because an electric guitar just work with some stuff like that.

Very nice composition and colours. You might want to add some wear to the materials to make it look more natural.

Your materials look very nice, and so does your modelling. but I have a hard time appreciating it at this angle. Tat’s the first thing I would change.