Can anyone help Rig this Hand to a fist

I tried to rig this hand and also opened a thread about this topic. My hand gets always messed up and doesn’t look real after rotating the bones. Auto weight doesn’t work for my object as well. I used the Bone envelopes and it work a little bit but changing the size of the bones or the size of the distance didn’t make look it real.
It’s my first time rigging an object in Blender and i am sure there is a way to turn my hand into a realitic looking fist. Maybe someone can help me.

File:
http://we.tl/7JYciB2YkP

Here a few tips.

When you do automatic weights, then the influence of the bone on the mesh is based upon the bone location.
Looking at it i can imagine a problem area here
There is quite a gap between central bone and fingers, so their weight effect gets wrong.
The base of the hand gets too little weight, and ist gradually going to the fingers over a to large area
Also the fingers dont use the same bone structure.
The smallest finger uses more bones.

• enlarge the central bone, so its influence is better spread over the mesh, bone weight is based upon bone location.

• you might do all fingers with 4 bones, and use an IK constraint on the tips length of 3
    ( os the finger base bone wont move, and you set it with a fixed ofset to the central bone.)

• make them all so that rotating over x axis is bending them, mostly correct perhaps the thumb needs little changes.

• use a bit more faces on locations where the bendings will happen sudivide edges on the length of the fingers

• small errors can be adjusted with weight painting later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333093[/ATTACH]

I enlarged the central bone and added bones to the fingers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333094[/ATTACH]
added more faces to the fingers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333095[/ATTACH]

but auto weight still fails
and rotating the bone envelopes or changing the size doesn’t change anything.
Probalby I’m still doing something wrong because in some tutroials i watched they’re using a same hand like mine and it works perfectly for them.

I had same kind of problem with finger type rig.

Here is the way I solve the problem. Try switching bone display to “Envelop”. In my case the bone Envelop was huge! They were overlapping most all of the geometry around it! So I fixed the envelop to right volume around the bones, and problem went away for normal parenting with automatic weigh. Try it.

I didn’t use volume or set the volume that big in the first place. There is Blender bug some where.

I had to flip directions and cut of the nails

• SOLVED