+ UV Map button

Hey everyone, how we doing. Just recently I’ve been working on a scene that requires the use of multiple UV Maps. In creating about the tenth UV map for one of the meshes, the “Add UV Map” just suddenly stopped responding. Further attempts to add UV maps by clicking the icon were also unsuccessful. Has anyone else ran into this seemingly bug in Blender? Or is there an actual limit to how many UV maps I can use for one mesh? Thanks in advance.

Or is there an actual limit to how many UV maps I can use for one mesh?
The maximum number of UV maps a single object can have is 8

If you need more UV maps just separate the faces into a new object and make that object a child of the original. Then you can add 8 more UV maps to the child and it should still look like a single object unless deformations are involved.

Thanks much everyone, I appreciate it. I did come up with a workaround for the issue at hand. But I appreciate the heads-up nonetheless. I thought I read or heard somewhere that a mesh can have as many UV Maps as the user wants. Of course this might have pertained to an older version of Blender.

Of course this might have pertained to an older version of Blender.
You have been misinformed, the 8 uv map limitation has always been part of blender