TriRoad Warrior unity asset

Hi, although I have been modelling for a little while I am still learning lots of elements so with that in mind I have reached a point were I need points and help on my creation.

The second image is with a new rubber tyre textures.

The files have yet to be updated , but here below you may see the model real time and test drive.

If you check the comments you can test drive the old model inside unity:)

Its my fist time asking for help on a current project, hopefully I have added the zip file to the blend file used?

Hopefully you have all the files including the packed .blend file and the textures used?

Obliviously as I’m still learning there are lots of issues.

But with your help I can learn how to set up the lighting correctly and other issues.

Hopefully you can take the time to help me out!

regards

colpolstudios

One of my biggest issues is with the tyre and texturing it so there are no seams showing.

Possibly someone knows were I my take a look at a good tutorial re car tyres?

I may take a look at some car models over on blend swap to see how others have done it.

To me the appeal of such an exposed frame is that you get to see the mechanical engineering. Unfortunately, in this case, some things just look, well, wrong to me.

Such as:

• All the suspension beams need to be thicker.
  • Your suspension won’t move up and down much due to the top and bottom wishbones not being parallel
  • There’s no spring in the suspension to take the load
  • There isn’t a fuel tank
  • Front wheel drive? Rear wheel drive? Not sure, at the moment, no wheel drive?
    etc.

Obviously you don’t need to be exactly accurate, but hopefully that gives you some pointers on how to make it look “better.” At least to an engineering student!!!

I like the style, I may a pad and sketch some variations on it…

Hi sdfgeoff, thanks for your comments possibly you could help, what is the correct thickness of the suspension beams.

I do not come from an engineering background, where are the wish bones?

The bike is rear wheel belt drive, featuring a well hidden spring suspension.

obviously I need a real three wheel bike to be able to reference bike design and feel only then could i better model accurately.

Possibly you be able to help me out?

Thanks to the help I noticed some outstanding issues with my model. I have yet to update the preview on sketchfab.

I have two versions of the model one done with cycles and the game ready version done using blender internal, I find myself in need of help, What is the best way to access the node setup used in the cycles version ?

I want to bake the chrome texture used in various sections of the model, I wish to ensure I use the same exact settings when baking.

To be honest I have never used append. I am out of my depth with this feature.

I did try to copy and paste the node setup but that did not work.

The unity web player has not been updated, but you can drive the trike around:

demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150707256/TriRoad%20Warrior/TriRoad%20Warrior.html

Model updated and playable demo here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150707256/TriRoad%20Warrior/TriRoad%20Warrior.html

I would like your views and any comments please.

Thank you for your time

model available here: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/75832