Lack of Ideas... and Inspiration...

Hey everyone. I really love using Blender and creating in 3D, but I just feel a bit uninspired for the last couple of months. I can’t find anything interesting enough to make me start working. Is this happenning to you often? What do you do to overcome it? I might note that I’m not working, I’m still going to school.

Stop working and take a week-long holiday. During that holiday, do not spend moe than an hour a day on the internet. If you get bored, use pen-paper or read a book, don’t watch TV. This will force you to use the visual part of you brain, and your creativity.
Most of our media is presented visually, and I think (my opinion), that it kills our imagination, as every aspect of the object is presented to us.

I did this on my last holiday, and am very glad I did. I came out of it with ideas, questions…

Since you’re at school and can’t take arbitary holidays, just do the best you can at avoiding TV and the internet.

It happens with all of my hobbies now and then. Don’t force yourself into it. To the contrary, let it go and don’t touch blender for a few weeks. Do other stuff and don’t even think of 3D work. Spend time with your family, go for a walk, ride your bicycle, listen to or make music, read a book … there are thousand of things that can be inspiring. But do these things because you enjoy them and not to get inspiration for your 3D work. And again, don’t force yourself into it.

Sometimes I look at images, and ideas come. Try looking at these three attached…it may help…

Attachments

Thanks for your replies! Reading a book seems like a really good idea…

I know I’ve had periods when I didn’t get into Blender much. Sometimes, a tutorial might help to spark some ideas. Sometimes, looking through someone’s sketchbook can be a great idea. There are lots of ways to spark the creativity. It doesn’t have to be “big” or challenging. Just something to “prime the pump” and get the well going again!

In the immortal words of the …erm Joker…“I Just Do Things!” try doing work in blender without inspiration. you don’t need to finish it just do something.

I find just opening blender and starting something new is enough. Videogames and movies will just distract you even more.

I’m going to make a really strange suggestion… start jogging. Exercise releases some chemicals in your brain that make you feel good and for me, when I start running regularly, my creativity skyrockets. I have no idea why this happens but I recommend it. :slight_smile:

What do you personally want to see in a video game?

movie?

short story?

Creativity breeds Creativity

life feeds on life.