3D product animation(s) for mechanical engineer

Hi,

We want to build a series of simple animated 3D concept presentations for mechanical products.

To evaluate your work we would like to do a test project of one simple 3D animation of a piston / crankshaft system. The corresponding 2D animation is shown on: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/4StrokeEngine_Ortho_3D_Small.gif

In the test project we require you to make your own 3D animation of the piston crankshaft system. You are free to improve the animation and make it more realistic in any sense you would like.

If you are interested:

• Show examples of similar work you have done in the past
  • Describe the technical environment you use to create the 3D animations, including the deliverable (source) files you would be able to provide at the end of the project
  • Please provide a fixed price quote to develop this test project

No need for a high level of detail, we are looking for someone who can develop these 3D animations fast from a series of 2D engineering drawings, without a lot of engineering input. If your work is good, at an affordable rate, we would like to develop a steady flow of similar 3D animations in the coming weeks and months.

Please send your reply to [email protected].

Thanks!

this is something i just megged together at school… not the best computer here, and the screen is 1280x1024 (almost square, and bad resolution) so not the easiest place to work… this took me about 10 min, and then another 15 min to set up lightings, and details.

you can easily see witch part this is tho, so judge from what i got so far.

also the scale is not perfect. i can add a background image to blender, and that way i can get the scales perfect but cant be bothered to set that up now as it takes time and working with the image is a bit harder, so kinda meh… but ofc i would set it up for a full project.

animating it later is easy, so dont think about that.

Edit: also you might see a lot of verts in the top left corner, this is cause im using a subdevition surface to get the smooth egde look. if this is heavy for your system, i can simply apply the sub surface and remove the verts that are not nessasary. if it is still heavy, i can simply lower the amount of subs, but that will give a slightly more “edgy” look.
by the way, when i say “heavy for your system” im thinking that if you would like to import several models to a single file so that you can look at each model at once with blender instead of rendering it. or anything like that… im just saying that lowering the verts is posible without affecting the look, but requires more time.

let me know if you are interested, and ill try to contact you for more details.

Haha, I’m 14 and did a rough animation of that same crankshaft for school last year. It’s pretty rough, I’d be willing to share it with you. Anyway I don’t think I’m really cut out for this job but, tell me if you like it.

I’ll email it to you.

Haha, I’m 14 and did a rough animation of that same crankshaft for school last year. It’s pretty rough, I’d be willing to share it with you. Anyway I don’t think I’m really cut out for this job but, tell me if you like it.

I’ll email it to you, if you want.

well “school”… 3rd grade collage would be more correct. im 19, so not a kid who does not know what he is talking about.

added the .blend file.

Attachments

2Daminationproject.blend (987 KB)

Email Sent…!!

Thanks!

Hi I am 30 years old and graduated in mechanical engeneering. This is my graduation project:

If you are interested take a look at my others 3d projects. Get in touch by my email: [email protected]

Hey
MarkJ
I seen this post a bit late I guess. Are you done with this project?
Glad to assist you if your requirement is still open or you can Just have a look at this small animation reference - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sufSfpQW200
Hardcore engineering animation field.

Thx.

Send you an email.