Short game

Hello, new here.Usually fluent with Maya and 3D Coat.Thinking about starting a short game with a few friends to do the assets and animation.Can someone point me where to start from?Thank you.

What do you want?You want instructions how to make small game.Make something like pong,tetris,joust or flappybirds.Do your own variation on it and be creative.

First find a simple game in the finished games section of the forum, there were several recently added as part of the BGMC Contest.
next look inside to see how they made it. Ask questions about what you don’t understand and be prepared to check out some tutorials.
Happy blending!^^

Programming, that’s where you start.

The story is subservient to the gameplay.

I got abit dreamy about this…but i saw earlier PSX games has only one or two names that fills in each position…something like brave fencer musashi perhaps?

Thanks! I am trying to find some motivation here.

Think about a simple game you liked and then work off that idea, I’m making a platformer like the old N64 games like Banjo and Kazooie where you just run around finding lots of collectibles and fighting some simple enemies.

Basically, short games are all about game loops or very small easy to design levels and you just throw in some random bits of variety to keep things going.

I think it is like movie creation. You need to add interaction with the player.

Yeah, depends on the game though doesn’t it, some of them don’t even really have that especially the older games though then again they still did have it rather minimally.

if you’d like, take this and dis-assemble it. hopefully it can provide an idea or two. g/l. have fun
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EMixH9_Nj0VEw3ZVF2blNoNFU&usp=sharing

I’ll be sure to check this out! Thanks emkay4597.

I have my minds on a 3D fighting game, with repetitivve characters where i get to do some story writing for fun too.
Artstyle will stand out during cutscenes too…I am more into art and animation afterall.

And another thing is, i used to be trained in Maya,… now i am moving into blender because it is free and its evergrowing marketplace.

I am basically a noob in game design, and looking to start something fun and easy to practice myself.

Any idea where should i start?
Someone pointed me into doing a Game Design Document…any idea what is that? the format?

Is there any basic math or game logic i should be learning?