First 3D car finished. Ready for your reviews...

Hey guys,

Here’s my first 3D car in Blender, I’ve started it a long ago but I didn’t have time to finish it, now it’s almost done.

Here’s last render:
1920x1080, Cycles 2000 Samples.
Render time: 13 mins 23 sec

Attachments

Looks awesome!! Some suggestions would be to increase the space between the top of the car and the edge of the image, add door handles, and make the car paint more glossy. Overall great job :smiley:

Here’s update.

Is this better?
Still have to do new light setup, but I’ve made new material.

No post processing, just added signature in PS.

It seems like there is a problem with the tire on the blue car.

Messed up texture, fixed :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Check this out:
http://monkeyslunch.com/slideshows/tangents.html#1
You’re coming close to a “tension point” at the bottom of the picture(page 4/15). Pay attention to the top, bottom, and sides of your picture, they look better to the viewer when they are even(in your particular case, the tire is dangerously close to the bottom of the frame). Good job on the car, and I love the paint on the last one :smiley:

This is a great first attempt at a 3D car! I’ve tried many times, but I’m still struggling to get the hang of it. It looks like you have a good handle on the paint material as well. I’m excited to see where this goes—I may very well pick up some tips and tricks to use on my own.

First of all…I don’t believe this is your first car :confused:
It’s actually really good, if not amazing

I think what gives it away as great is not the car, but the materials, lighting and compositing: the things I can’t seem to get right.
You might also want to change the tire of the blue car, as it looks kind of funny
I think the biggest problem is the colors (funnily)
depending on what you’re going for, create contrast between the colors of each part to make it look a little nicer…

in all though, much better than my first car :slight_smile: