Create a Wine Glass Fluid Simulation!

Hey Guys!

Learn how to model a wine glass, and how to setup a realistic fluid simulation, then how to use the new Cycles Volume Absorption node to render realistic fluid!

Enjoy!
Steve

I’m going to give this tutorial a go because that result looks so awesome! I will leave a reply with the finished render, hopefully. If I can finish it.

My result. v1.0. Not as great as I’d hoped, but I’m gonna give the tutorial another go. Thanks!

Keep up the good work!

I tried distilling some absinthe.

The hardest part was trying to keep it within the glass!
It’s not easy with the glass mesh in the way, and the Wireframe mode isn’t helping much either.
I think I ended up smoothing away too much liquid.

Yeah, to be quite honest, it looks like frozen jell-o. An interesting exercise in fluid simulation but the gravity factor is much too low. Unless the drinker, having had a few too many shots of absinthe, is about to hit the floor … :wink:

I found out that the “remove air bubbles” option that is enabled by default under fluid domain settings that the tutorial leaves it that way is the main culprit for the issue involving the liquid sticking outside the glass. Also, apparently for moving objects the slip type should be set to “no slip”.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from making tutorials, it’s to avoid advertising a tutorial as “realstic” - there will always be someone who can prove you wrong.

Thanks for the tip Greg! yeah I did see that after my tutorial, and realized that I had made that mistake to some degree.

Nice tutorial, I chose purple.
I think mine could use more lighting though…