Flooded basement

Hey, i am making a flooded basement, so my question is waht is the best way to make such water? I am rendering in cycles.

Thanks in advance!

This is a basic muddy water effect. The surface is mostly glass, but with a little diffuse and transparent mixed in. The volume is almost all volume absorption, with a little bit of scatter for softer scattered edges. You can clearly see the effect increasing the volume absorption density has.

500 samples.

Wow, that looks really nice! Thx!

Your welcome. The more I think about it, you may want to kill that transparent node, or experimebt with refraction. The lighting and scale of the scene can also greatly affect shaders involving glass and volume. Have a look at the blend if you want.

Blend on dropbox

Thx! But how do you know how which nodes you need to use? I am never able to create materials

Hmm, I know it is not fully rendered, but it looks really different… I just left the blend, as when I downloaded it

And what does the red ones mean?

What version of blender are you using? Only newer versions support volumes in cycles. I made this with 2.71 you may need to download it.

Okay, than that is it

You can get the latest stable build at blender.org as of this post it’s 2.71

Yes uit works! Thx!

Basement flooding is a widespread problem and causes damage to personal property. Evidently, it is in a home owner’s best interest never to experience a basement flood at all. If your basement has flooded, there are some really relevant things you should know. When in doubt, don’t enter the flooded area until you are told it is safe. First and foremost, you have to consider your family’s health and safety because entering a wet basement could be dangerous. Therefore, before you enter your basement, you have to consider if there is an electrical shock or structural damage. This is to ensure your family’s safety and avoid accidents to happen. To shun basement flooding in the future, you should reduce household water use during heavy rains and seal the cracks in your foundation walls and floor. Indeed, regular inspection and maintenance can protect your basement against flood.