Interior studio flat

Hello.
I created interior scene to help my wife in her work (she is interior designer, technically mostly in 3dsmax), so I reached more or less eligible results, and want you to make some technical criticism.

And one more thing, every picture takes me for 50 minutes to render on two i5 CPUs, so any suggestions to reduce the render time? For now I do 1000 samples with noise reduction in Gimp.

So does any render speed optimization planning for cycles?

Attachments

Looks great! The only thing is that I think the blue panel (or whatever you’d call it) is a bit too intense. Other than that it is all very fine!

Here is two more

Attachments

Thank you for reply. This blue panel is element of design, and this was hard to argue with my wife )

I don’t think your render time is bad…

For reducing your render time you could consider lowering the light bounces and/or excluding normal maps from indirect lighting.

Another thing you can do is play with curves, saturation, vignette and lens distortion. Ah, and DOF is welcome too. I did a quick little change on the last picture to show an example and I hope you don’t mind. http://i.imgur.com/UbniQBs.jpg

I think that it would be nice if I used only 1 cpu, but I have two i5 cpu’s, that mean if I use one cpu I will spend 01:40 minutes, it is sad I think.

Thanks. The DOF I should see. About color I made some color balancing.

I have already played with this parameters, and this is best result.

hum…Take a look in the Corona Render.

I don’t think 50 minutes is bad. I am doing some similar stuff and one was nearly 2 hours. But I am fairly new at cycles, so I have a lot to learn about the settings.

Lampstreaks are overdone. Rest is good!