Trolls!

I made these using Krita, which I really like. Free and, I think, open source…not sure about the second part. Anyway, very nice program.

Awesome sketches—you have a great sense for character design. I especially like the middle one.

Agree. those are amazing! love them! I wish I could design and paint character like that.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Nice work!

ever hand draw a uv map onto a game model?

I would love to see this style carry over,

reminds me of Tolkien,

Thanks, man! I have experimented with hand drawn textures in a limited capacity. I thought I might try to use Krita for making some tiling base textures, because one of it’s features is a wrap function.

Excellent work Modron.

Reminds me I should spend more time perusing this section of the boards.

I’ve spent a little in Krita, love the brushes, but haven’t figured out much of the controls.

Thanks Ryeath! Krita is the best free paint program I have found so far. I guess it was originally based on the code of GIMP. Another cool program I found is called ‘MyPaint’. It does not have good bristle brushes like Krita though.

Hey … great looking 2D stuff there @Modron

Great pictures of Real people we all know… LOL!

1 Like

Nice! You should do a Krita tutorial. I keep seeing great work done with it but I can’t quit wrap my head around how it works. It’s not quite as intuitive as other sketchers like MyPaint. I can’t even exit the program on my little tablet pc without plugging in a keyboard. :frowning:

1 Like

There are lots of that lurking around. :wink:

Great sketches by the way, Modron.

• Reyn
1 Like