I want to create 3d software? (help please)

Hi.

I would like to develop an idea I have for 3d software, I don’t want to go into details, but how would I go about doing this?

Maybe start a Kickstarter campaign?

I only have the concept and have no idea how to go about making this happen lol

Any help would be great!

A kickstarter might only work if you have already something to show. Merely yet another “I have the best idea ever” will not work.

First you have to research whether your idea is actually a new idea: you’d be surprised how many software ideas have already been thought of.

Second, you must do research and identify whether your idea fills a user gap - preferably a hidden gap, something users have not really realized they would need. The prime question is: will users want to use my software? Again, research is key here.

Third, you create prototypes. Preferably working prototypes, and you test, test, test. And test some more.

Then you will have to develop a first version. It could be very basic. If you cannot code, you will:

• have to learn to code. Coding 3d software may take a year up to five years to do well. Depends on your intelligence, motivation, effort, time spent, etcetera; And the scope of the project, of course.
  • or ask a friend of yours to do it for you. Tough nut to crack, because you will have to convince him or her that it is worth his/her time to work on it;
  • or find someone online to work with you. Having a prototype may be helpful. Again, it will prove difficult to get someone on board for free;
  • or find a programmer to do the work for you and you pay him/her.

Without more of a clue what type of project you have in mind it is difficult to provide you with development ideas. There are rapid development tools available for all sorts of projects, but it depends entirely on your idea.

Good luck!