Happy the crab toon

I’ve been playing around with toons, and have been sketching out some scenes with the idea of storyboarding. But I wanted to run through the total workflow of animating so I created this test of Happy the crab.

An interesting test clip. Not really a fan of the voice.

Yeah the voice needs work.

I liked it. It was up-beat and had mentions of a penguin.

Thanks oreo. It’s one of those tests that you think looks great when you make it, but you laugh at it later.

First draft of the penguin.

Looks great keep it up

Thanks spanishrose, I’m trying to get motivated on it.

I like the look you have going for the penguin… I wonder if he should have longer wings or arms… or whatever they call those things :slight_smile:

Thanks Harley. The flippers look weird. Been working on a couple new characters, maybe I will make a whole bunch and just pick the best ones.

Today a little 2 1/2 yr old came wandering near my computer when I was looking at your latest render… it was kind of funny, because I saw her eyes go wide open and she started saying penguin and crab while pointing at the image…no lie … so you already have a young fan. I was actually kind of shocked that she could call them out by name.

A fan! I’ll take it. It’s definitely aimed at a much younger audience. With the emphasis on bright saturated and contrasted blocks of colors which might be a turn off to more discerning artistic eyes. It really means a lot to hear that a young one’s eyes lit up when they saw it.

This is very interesting test clip.I like and the audio is good and it is suitable for your work.It is very nicely working.Go through these types of work.