Alternate OS system.

I am wondering if anyone here has had any luck building a Hackintosh?
From what I have read I should be able to do it but is it worth it?
Would I be better served going with a Linux build?
Should I leave well enough alone and plug away with Windows?

System spec are as follows:

AMD 1090t upgradable to a FX 9590
ASRock 990FX
8Gb DDR3 1333 upgradable to 32Gb DDR3 1600
3x GTX 750 ti

Hey there Anthony,
I’ll answer the question as I do know a bit about it, but please try to stick to the TonyMacx86 forums if you need help with that stuff.

Honestly, I don’t believe that you should use a Hackintosh, it’s more work than it’s worth, and the OS isn’t meant for PC hardware, so it’s not going to run efficiently on PC hardware, especially through iboot.

I’d recommend going with an OS you’re comfortable with, preferably Windows as it seems to be ‘THE STANDARD’ out there. Though I prefer OpenSuse for most of my work as I’m used to it.

Truly it’s whatever you’re comfortable with, but I advise against the hackintosh route, especially as it’s illegal in quite a few countries.

Thanks for the reply. I have been a windows user for years every so often trying Linux builds to give myself something hope for, mainly leaving Windows. Got my first Mac last year and it is a nice machine but not enough under the hood for me which is why I was thinking the Hack route. Anyway, I decided to give Linux a serious go and am happy so far. I am running Mint 17 / KDE at the moment with full Nvidia and Wacom functionality.