[Addon] UE Tools

Hi guys, I’ve posted an addon for Blender I did, in order to improve my workflow from blender to Unreal engine.

Note that I am not a programmer so the code probably is not very polished, but it works and is Free!

I have created a page where you can see some videos of how to use it and read the documentation if you’re interested

(Updated for BLender 2.72)
http://bit.ly/Z3JrXV

If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints, do not hesitate to contact with me, I will do what I can, but no promises :wink:

Thx for sharing this tool! Very Useful!..

Congratulations LluisG for free sharing your add-on.
Thanks a lot.
At soon…
Bye bye.

Thx ! Was thinking about the same kind of addon, we’ll definitly give it a try :slight_smile:

Hi LIuisG
Could you send this great addon to my email lijianjian@msn.com. Big thanks!
My poor inernert make me crazy again. I try many times to try to get this from your adress, all try is failed.

Hi LIuisG,

i have tested this addon and it works, but for the Custom Prefix in the Rename Tools i get a warning:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\_\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\ue_tools.py", line 1113, in execute
    Rename_detablocks()     
  File "C:\Users\_\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\ue_tools.py", line 445, in Rename_detablocks
    ob.name = Prefix +"_"+ name                      
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'Prefix' referenced before assignment

What i do wrong?

mkBreuer, Thanks for letting me know, You did nothing wrong, it was a small problem with the code, and now I’ve fixed it should not cause problems. if you still have problems please let me know.

I updated the download link on my web:

THX! Very Awesome…

I update this addon for run in BLender 2.72. You can download form the Main Page:

Greetings!

Very cool job!

Thank you so much for keeping it up to date! This add-on really needs to come with blender.

Hello,
when i click on the “FBX Export” button, an error message is sent in a tooltip…
here it is:
Report: Error

Hello,
when I click on the “FBX Export” button, an error message is returned in a tooltip.

Here it is:

Report: Error

File “C:/Users/“user name”/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.72/scripts/addon/ue_tools_v1-1.py”, line 1235, in execute FBX_Export(self,context)

File “C:/Users/“user name”/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.72/scripts/addon/ue_tools_v1-1.py”, line 950, in FBX_Export mkdir(FBX_ExportRelativePath)

PermissionError: [WinError 5] Accès refusé: ‘UE Assets’

p.s. sorry for my English I am not very good (I use Google translation) xD

Hi @vincentPion the error indicates that, for some reason, can not access to the folder ‘UE Assets’

Really no idea why this error happen, maybe the permision system on you OS. Try to run blender as administrator

The ‘UE Assets’ folder is created (if it does not exist) in the root directory of the blender file when export to FBX if the option “Relative UE Assets” is checked.

You can try to uncheck the option “Relative UE Assets” and choose you custom Path to a some folder already created by you

Hi! First thanks for the addon, it helps me experimenting with new animations. Got a question: did you try (or someone) using the makewalk addon retargeting with the imported mannequin in Blender? I Failed to retarget it to bhv files no matter what. It says: it had failed to find candidate for a hip bone. No matter if I had renamed it, or even edited the trg file…

Thank you for the tool and all the hard work.

I’m trying to get my first character into UE4, Character modeled in Max then using your tools appended rig I adjusted the bones size to match my mesh followed by weight painting in blender. When I attempted exporting/importing… exporting from blender appears to go smoothly but when I import the fbx into UE4 I get the “Cannot merge bones” error then the list of detailed errors that are reoccurring for the most part. (ill attach some screen shots)
SSImp1.bmp (2.8 MB)
SSImp2.bmp (2.8 MB)
SSImp3.bmp (2.8 MB)
SSImp4.bmp (2.8 MB)

When I test the engine after the import UE4 just crashes.

I’ve attempted appending the mesh as a debug without adjusting the rig at all and get a similar error…

I have no custom animations yet, additional bones, IK systems, or custom collision objects/mesh.

Guessing that I’m missing a step or didn’t understand something. (am I right in assuming the default animations should work with this rig or will I need custom animations? Could the auto generated collision mesh be the issue? or is this tool just out dated at this point?)