Thief 4 - Fan Art

Hi guys

I played the videogame “Thief 4” and was so impressed of the atmosphere and the architecture that I started this project in blender last week :yes:

All done in blender, cycles render 500 samples

A lot of work is still waiting…

Any feedback is welcome. Happy blendering!

P.S: For the High-Resolution Render: http:www.bluebox-design.ch/wp-content/gallery/blender3d/Thief_FanArt_Bluebox-Design.jpg

Looks great. I’ll certainly be watching this thread closely :slight_smile: Good Luck!

Looks really good! Loving the atmosphere.

That’s certainly a great game! It reminds me very much of the buildings and dark atmosphere or the game, so I guess you’re doing something right…
Makes me wanna play it right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, I love how this picture is going… Look awesome!

A terrific start already, Gabriel! The mood of the image is already strong, and the textures look great. This is a good example to show people when they set their lights too low in nighttime renders.

Hey there, lighting and textures are looking great. The only thing i would change is to add a Bevel Modifier to those hard edges. I think that would make your model more believable.

cheers,

Thanks for the positive feedback :slight_smile: I’ll do my best!

Hey all!
That’s the newest version of my Thief fan-art.
I added the ground and another part of the house with the window.

Cheers!

I really, really like this and hope to see a lot more! I checked out the game and think you’re spot on. There’s a lot of atmosphere to emulate in that game. Good work - Plan to add depth to the roof at all or just keep it a mapped picture?

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
The roof is just provisionally. Later I will add a displace modifier or a normal map to get the depth. Many materials are not definitely except the wood.

A myst-like game set in this medieval world would be awesome. Great textures, details, and mood.

Very good work.
The atmospher is very well rended.

awesome dude…:slight_smile:

Its looks great! Awesome work.

Thx for all compliments, it’s very motivating for me! :yes:
Here’s the new render I’ve done since the latest post.

I added some new stuff like the towing vehicle and the barrel in front of the picture, a new background with clouds (not definitely), a sail with a hanging towel, the basement window and the cross with the four cardinal directions on the roof. Also I changed the focal length.
Next step will be to add some ship’s mast on the background and a few buildings at the horizon. Further I’ll add some animals like rats and birds to reach that gloomy atmosphere and also some trash to make the scene dirtier. Let’s see how it works! :wink:

I wish you a nice weekend and happy blendering!

Cheers!

Looks better every time! Did you make that sky yourself? Also, are you actually modelling one of the houses in the game, or making up your own house in that style? Because as someone who’s played that game a lot, that house looks like it came straight out of the game itself. You replicated the style perfectly, in fact if I didn’t know better, I’d think you actually worked on the game.
Well done dude :smiley:

Thank you! I composed the sky in Photoshop with some overlapping photos and filters. It’s not 1 on 1 the same, but he’s right it’s really similar to one house in the videogame. The main shape is very similar but if you compare it directly it’s different to my version. Haha that would be THE dream job for me!