Armature custom shape problem.

I’ve made an armature with bones that have custom shapes. When I append that armature from another blender file, the armature plus the the actual shape objects get added to the scene :confused:
Is there any way to fix this?

Are you appending the armature from the Object folder or from the Armature folder ?
The armature from the armature folder shouldn’t be appended with the custom shapes (just tested and it doesn’t). Just then set your existing armature object to use this appended armature

My problem is that when I append the armature, the the objects that the bones custom shape are referencing appear as well.

Are you appending the armature from the Object folder or from the Armature folder ?
You didn’t answer this

the the objects that the bones custom shape are referencing appear as well.
What happens if you delete those custom shape objects ?

I was appending them from the Object folder, and I did delete the custom shape objects, but some of them still appear.

That’s why the custom shapes come with it. If you just want the armature data block you append from the Armature folder, then just select the appended armature block for any armature you already have in your scene.

Well I still want the shapes on the bones, I just don’t want the shape objects coming along as well.