weird problem with texture painting on scaled UV

i have a dungeon mesh and i want to paint a shape on the walls in texture paint mode . i wanted the texture tiled so i scaled the UV of the wall a bit to give it that effect but when i go to paint something on the wall it appears all around the wall and not just where i want it . i know that the scaled UV is causing the problem because it works just fine when it’s not scaled but it looks ugly and pixelated because the texture i’m using is low res . is there a workaround or something to solve that problem ? I understand this might be a stupid question but i’m kinda new to UVing . here is the blend file dungeon.blend (1.51 MB)

i wanted the texture tiled so i scaled the UV of the wall a bit to give it that effect but when i go to paint something on the wall it appears all around the wall and not just where i want it
It would appear round the wall because you’ve tiled it like you want to ?
How are you controlling where you want this texture. ?

Your questions are extremely vague and uninformative because you have supplied no screenshots or the very very minimum a blend file that clearly demonstrates what you are seeing and exactly what you want. Before saving your blend file pack all textures in the file using the File / External Data menu. With this information maybe someone may help you with a specific solution.

ok i uploaded the blend

You can use a different UV layer and mapping to get your placement correct