College Project - Solar Tower

Hello everyone!
I have just registered on this forum after my friend told me about it.

I wanted to post my first serious animation.
It is a project for my college, modelling and simulation subject. It was made by myself and 2 more friends (they helped with some of the models and the documentation required for the project). This is the second version of the animation. The original was reviewed by the professor, but he wanted us to add some shots of the energy flow through the system, so we updated it.
Also, I have composed and produced the music in the animation.

I hope you like it! :slight_smile:

Wow very nice!!
the music gives it a nice effect
would you care if I used the music for an assassins creed video?
you would get all the creadit of course.

Glad you like it!
And sure, you are allowed to use it. :slight_smile:

Nicely done. Would you share how you did the animated colored flow bands in the pipes? I have wanted to use something similar for showing current flowing in wires, but could not quite get it right.

Hey that’s a project for me ! :smiley: (because my username)

Great project, the music really raises the epicness of the solar plant !
But I see that clouds lens flares where the sun doesn’t. I think you also miss some color correction, and a texture for the ground.
The animation is great, loved the flow on the pipes/cables ! Camera paths are well chosen too. But the aurora seems frozen in time (nice addition BTW).

I think given a little bit more of time this would have been a really amazing result. But don’t get me wrong, it is well done already :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have used the procedural Wood texture for the band effect, but as two layers. One layer was coloured depending on the pipe, and the other one was effecting the emit property for a nice glowing effect. The texture was wrapped to the pipes using UV projection, and the movement was made by animating the offset parameter.

Thanks for the input! The ground texture actually is there, but considering how big the whole area is, it is mostly too small to actually be visible. I should have probably made it a bit bigger so it’s better noticeable.

What do you mean by aurora though? I don’t remember adding that in. xD

Attachments

Thanks for the permition !!

No auroora on 1:16 ?

Ohhh, that’s the lens flare … again :smiley:

I have kinda intentionally overdone the lens flare. :smiley:

Wow it is nice.I like your animation.Modelling and stimulation is the nice project.Blender software with animation is nice.If you are using blender then the animation can get the clarity and perfect.