Modeling question

Let me just say first that I’m not a modeler but I have a question regarding to modeling because I need to know the answer of this for the future.

Let’s say I have a standard block model, just box shapes like model.
Is there an easy way to make sub-models of the model in every possible angle in all 3 dimensions (pytch, yaw and roll) ?

Is there an easy way to make sub-models of the model in every possible angle in all 3 dimensions (pytch, yaw and roll) ?
Clearly explain what this means.
What do you mean by ‘every possible angle’ ? Does that mean rotating every 1 degree, 0.1 degree, 0.01 degree or 0.00001 degree ?
What do you want ? A separate object or just an image? What do you want it for ?

Vague question = vague and confused answers
Clearly explained question = easier for other people to give you the answer you want

if this is what i think it is then the answer is simple. you can rotate a model howver you like by pressing “r” then the axis to rotate about “x”, “y”, or “z” and then typing in a number (degrees is default but blender can also be set to use radians) for the angle you want to rotate by. you can set the origin for rotation by entering “edit mode” for the object you are rotatng and “snapping” the “3d cursor” to the vertex you wish to rotate about, then going back to “object mode” and setting the object’s “origin to 3d cursor”. you can also copy any model to have multiple instances of it in a scene, so you can have some rotated in a variety of different orientations. it is not physically possible to have an object rotated to “every possible angle” as it would need an infinite number of copies of the object to cover the fact that an object can have an infinity of different orientations. an infinite number of objects in the real world would violate thermodynamics, an infinite number of objects in blender will crash the program (actually blender won’t ever allow “all possible” rotations as it has a limit of how precise a rotation it can deal with, this limit is well below 0.01 degrees but it is still a discrete limit). as one other point, any object rotated about a point so that there are copies of it in all possible orientations will end up making something that looks like a sphere from outside.

This is 3 array modifiers applied to 1 cube. The arrays are for x, y, and z directions.

This is a cube parented to a sphere and then using the dupliverts option.

by 1 degree.
An object not an image.
Also what I mean is there any way to shortcut the process of changing the angle each time ? because I want every angle possible what I mean about it, it’s not just enough to get a model to rotate in the x,y,z axis through 0-360 degress and the other axis are set to 0. I actually mean EVERY POSSIBLE angle, so there’ll the position where the object is rotate as follow :
1.Only in the X axis
2.only in the y axis
3.only in the z axis
4.in the x and y axis but not z
5. in the x and z axis but no y
6. in the y and z axis but not x
7. in all the x, y and az axis

and go thourght 0~360 degrees in all possible scenarios by 1 degree each time
hopefulyl I’m clear, sorry but I’m not native English speaker

That would be a very large number of images. 360^3?

Sounds like you want animation, since that would in the end render all the angles you want. It’s been a while since I’ve animated (back with 2.4), so I’ll let someone else post the how-to.

Indeed… That’s 46,656,000 images for every possible axis-angle combination. Even if every image only needed 1 second to render, that would be 540 days of continuous render time.

And if this is not about rendering, but about creating actual copies of the box object in all these various states, then there is the question of vertex count. Default cube = 8 vertices x 46,656,000 copies = 373,248,000 vertices. Not sure what kind of machine is supposed to handle this - and that’s just the default cube. Instancing?

Care to elaborate what you actually need this for? If you need something that can be viewed from every possible angle (e. g. for a client), wouldn’t an interactive system like e. g. Sketchfab or an interactive 3D PDF be a wiser choice?!

I’ll try to explain as best as possible why I asked this question.
So there’s a game called “Counter-Strike 1.6” (you’ve probably heard of it), and there’s a mod in the game where you can create boxes like shapes and rotate them in 90 degrees in the game and what you do with these blocks is creating like an obstacle course where the players jump on these blocks to get to the end of the course. Since the mod only allow 90 degrees rotation, I wanted to make it possible to rotate the blocks in any angle so I could create more unique obstacle courses, the problem with doing it via coding is that you can’t create objects (like those boxes) with rotated collision boxes (you can only create them with axis aligned collision boxes), BUT if for example the model itself was compiled while being rotated in the 3D softwate and imported to the game after it’s been rotated the collision boxes would be rotated as well (basically models in the game have pre-compiled collision boxes). Now, in Counter-Strike 1.6 you have an option to create a model with sub-models. What is this sub-model ? Well it can be used for anything actually you can create for example a model of a person and a sub-model could be even a box for example, but the logical use of it is using the same model just with different color schemes / textures so it’ll be nice and consistent model.
What I thought of is maybe paying to some modeler to do the following :
in this counter-strike 1.6 mod, you can create 6 different sized boxes, I would ask him to take the model of the each box and set the default rotation of it (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) to be the “main” model in the model file, and make it so all the other rotation possibilities would be sub-models. So essentially you’re ending up with 6 different models (6 for each block size) and each model file contain alot of sub-models and every sub-model is some rotation variation of the block.
That way people would end up downloading only 6 models files and I could solve the problem with the axis aligned collision boxes in the game because the sub-models with the angled boxes will have rotated collision boxes because the collision boxes are pre-compiled because it’s a model you’ve created for the game and not an object you created via coding.

What do you think, can it be done ?

No idea, but the problem persists that you would still need 46,655,999 submodels for every possible rotation angle. I don’t know how submodel sets are created in Counter Strike, but if this is not a fully automated process, dealing with so many submodels will be a major PITA and a life-task.

Maybe a first step should be to check in a Counter Strike forum if that game engine can handle such an amount of sub models at all - this doesn’t sound trivial…