ArchiViz - photorealistic rendering project

Hello,
this part of my project is pretty much advanced for a WIP but this is the inside view and now I will start outside modeling and rendering for a night view.
This rendering is made with Cycles (5 000 samples) and post composited with the Blender renderer for the glare spot effects.
I’ve used arbaro for the plant.
I’ll add further elements on the backward and some other elements on the terrace.
In spite of the advance of project, do not hesitate to deliver your opinions and consultings to me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339117[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Here’s the outdoor night view. I still have to finish the roof and the furnitures of left and right wings of the building

Looking good, but I would suggest separating out all the furnishings to a separate layer and concentrating on the house structure first along with the materials and lighting as needs some work. One of the main things that stands out to me is that everything has very sharp edges, so I would apply a bevel to most of your objects to soften these down. I really like the wooden floor texture, but some textures are letting the scene down such as the roof underside in the ourdoor shot, and the barrel inside. I think the outdoor scene will need a lot more samples, but is normally the case with darker scenes. Loving the pool, and suggest adding some plants outside too. Also the firepit texture is not to the same scale as the walls, so will need adjusting. Overall it is showing promise though, and look forward to seeing it progress :slight_smile:

Thanx for your advice Alienbob, I will improve this different points. Concerning the sample number for the night view, I’ve reduced it for this first rendering.

I think the last outdoor night scene I did like that, I ended up with about 20000 samples for a clear image, but depends on the amount of light sources, and having the pool will make it harder as lots of bounce lighting

20 000 cycles ?!? WARGL ! How many time for your render ?

The two views without furnitures and accessories. I’ll start to work on the outdoor particle grass.

I think that the rocks can have a better look

Maybe the rocks are too flat on the corners.

Good idea !

Finally, after some tests, I’ll use a displacement and a subsurf modifier with the stone texture.

The new structure building version by night and day with the displacement modifier on the rock walls (rendered with 1000 samples) :

Its better now, the waves of the water look too big and in a scene with daylight there is no reason to have turned on the artifivial lights, the window of the right is too closed to the wall, it look like if it were pasted to the wall, just a feedback, I am not the best but I am just trying to help.

Thanx you for your feed-back regardless of your level :slight_smile: All comments are welcome.
The waves size are the same in the two view but I’ll reduce the size in the day view. Concerning the lights, they’re turned on because I didn’t still make the turned off version :slight_smile:
For the windows I’ll increase the thickness of the window frame.

The modified outdoor night view at 1 000 spl (I need to change the spot position of swiming pool the because I’v changed his width ):

The final outdoor version at 10 000 spl and post treatment haloes (I will make another version at 20 000 spl).

But I have definitevely a problem with my swimming pool spots. I don’t understand why there’s a “phantom” highlight spot for each spots. Is anybody knows the reason why ?

The latest night outdoor version before halo lighting compositing :

Are You sure that the small lights aren´t the phantom lights of the pool? I think maybe them are the reflection of the lights on the water,
10, 000 samples is a lot, I recommend you this video, it help me a lot:

Unfortunately, no :frowning:
Moreofall, I’ll watch your video because I agree with you : 10 000 samples is a pretty big value… and too much render time !

Not sure how much time that render took, but I’d say it was worth it, it’s beautiful!