Paper airplane

Hello community

I have been busy lately with the start of school so I have not put out a render for awhile. So here is a simple render of a paper airplane. Any thoughts or critiques?

Attachments

School and paper airplanes :). I think it’d be awesome if you crumpled the nose a little with the sculpt brush, so that it looks like it’s flown a few times. You could use the sculpt brush to add wrinkles and creases, too. I like this idea.

Paper airplanes and school :), classic! I think you should use the sculpt brush and crinkle the nose so it looks like it’s landed a few times.

I have always enjoyed paper airplanes, so I couldn’t resist the thread. Fine start, as far as it goes. Way to sharp on the edges, soft beveling will help. Unless this is grey paper the surface is too muted, and the amount of noise on the interior surface is distracting. Paper always has some soft texture, so a little bump will help. Go ahead, make this airplane, put it on a dark surface, and study it, comparing it to your render. My drawing instructors would always be “yelling” LOOK, LOOK!! Keep working and enjoy the challenge.
I saw that you posted a second version, definite improvement. Paper has thickness, and would be very noticeable at that wicked tip, and along the edges. Creasing tends to have imperfections, and try as I might, no paper airplane is ever symmetrical or so clean. More light would also help. Just my thoughts.

You may not know this, but this paper plane came from from Japan, so it’s PERFECT! XD LOL!

Good camera angle. It’s hard to tell how thick the paper is. The left edge makes it look like it’s as thick as cardboard, but I assume that’s just two folded edges close to each other. I agree with the other critiques.

The paper is too thick. Work on it. Like other have said, it’s too perfect. Add a texture and wrinkle it up a bit.

I Love this beginning. But, as has been stated…it’s not finished. It’s is too perfect. Awesome start though.

deleted because of rudness. I am sorry.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Content deleted.

Great work of yours. keep it up!

That’s amazing.

@MConDA4ever
Nice!

Hello community

Here is my most recent attempt. It is now crumpled and looks more like paper.

Any thoughts?

That is looking better! You can add an school room environment and write something on the paper. You can fold a little bit more the tip because that is the first thing damaged in those kind of planes.

Chariot Rider, Glad to see the second efforts, much improved. Having the lined paper helps visually to define the planes of geometry, but I challenged you to LOOK, as I mentioned before. Fold a real paper airplane of lined paper, put it in front of you for reference. Always a good exercise, do it with household objects, then match the lighting, texture, etc., and LOOK at it carefully and compare. The only reason that I am going on is that is very unusual lined paper, with a curious logarithmic scaling to the line distances. While I know that I could create a piece of paper with that set of lines, I detracts from you intent, as I understand it. The lighting under the wing is too dark, as normal bounces of light, ambient atmosphere and translucency of paper would not create this look. I challenge you to recreate that lighting with actual sources and a real plane, take a picture and then compare. I do this with first year 3D students. Is your scale off?? You should always model to scale as textures start looking weird if the scale it off. Remember, this is a fine effort, so the comments are intended to support your growth. I appreciate your continued efforts.

I would recommend adding some more lighting. Right now the whole scene is really dark, with little contrast. If you add some lighting in the right places, you could really make the plane POP. I really like the shadow you have going on in front of the plane! For sure, keep that. My humble opinion.

You might want to consider putting it into some sort of a classroom. I woudn’t recomend modeling charectors, but modeling some low poly desks, and getting some people somehow. could really make this scene pop. You could then add a ton of depth of field, and bad modeling and shading wouldn’t be noticed. Just make sure you use a higher focal length to get rid of some depth (I’m pretty sure using a lower, farther away type focal lengths are how you get unrealistic, miniture looking results).

I have been working on this some more and I now have a desk and pencil. I hope to eventually make the full classroom.

The pencil needs some work. Try giving it a wood texture and some gloss. No material is completely diffused.

Great, I tought You will not continue with your thread