Female head sculpt - Need opinion!

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new here and i would like to ask you an opinion on a current project i’m working on, purely for learning as i’m pretty new to 3D as well.

I’m working on this female head sculpt but i feel something is not in place and i’m having one of those moments of tunnel vision, can’t really tell what’s wrong.

It is a WIP but every little advice and critique is very welcome!

Overall, looks great! Just need to add more detail to the ear to bring it up to the level of everything else. And I think there’s not enough of a brow ridge. I think it should go all the way across the top of the eye, not just half way.

Thanks, the brow ridge was indeed a landmark i missed, looking a lot better now, as for the ear, i did not detail it too much because i’m not sure what i’m going to do about it, planing on making some sci-fi bust with some kind of helmet.

It’s starting to look better now, thanks again @gradyp

I feel like the mouth is still a bit wrong though.

The reason for that is the straight line across where the lips meet. One thing I learned from Kent Trammell’s excellent course on modeling the female head (on CG Cookie, but I think you may have to be a Citizen member for that particular one) is that where the lips meet, there’s a slight “M” shape. Look at some reference photos or at your own face in a mirror to see what I’m talking about.

Believe it or not, you might be a lot closer than you think!

Even in a smile, while that “M” shape will flatten out, it’s still there if the lips are closed.

the ear is too much back and the eys are too low. here are some lines to help you find the right place:

Update:

It’s starting to look better thanks to your advice @gradyp, but i’m not really convinced yet and i don’t feel like i should go into detailing phase.