Blendermada - Blender Material Database

I know that there already were projects like this, but, as i see, they all are dead.
Just because I start new project to create good database for blender materials with useful addon for Blender.

It placed on http://blendermada.com.

Now I’m looking for all who want to participate in this project and somebody, who is good with Blender Python API - I have a little problems with addon.

Отлично. Ждем аддона.

What is its use?

If you only put very good Materials on your Platform then you will have success with it.
You need someone who controls the quality of each Material that someone uploads.

Good luck.

Kind regards
Alain

I’m controlling the quality. By myself)))

Cycles only. I know. Just because I use native format and append command. Really a have no problems with appending and make files as short as I can manually.
For now I have only one problem - how to show preview inside of Blender UI.

Just took a look around. Looks very promising! Can’t wait to see the addon.

For all who waiting addon, you can get alpha version - https://github.com/TrueCryer/blendermada/

yep very nice work, thnaks for sharing :slight_smile: are some from Blendswap or you made them all yourself ?

all made by myself. if I took something from blendswap, I wouldn’t write myself as author

Looks promising, some nice materials there. If [when] I learn how to wrangle the node editor, I’ll contribute myself.

Nice, i like the idea that it’s not just for Blender cycles but that there will be internal materials and external renderer materials like Yafray and nox etc if people want to submit them. this will be a really important repository if people contribute sensibly. definitely bookmarked

Subscribed to Blendermada RSS feed to keep updated with new materials.

Good stuff so far…

Loving this, the importer addon is brilliant. Thank you.

Great work. The quality is really superb!

I can’t work out how to use the importer? I see the lest of materials, hit import and then nothing. Is the imported material meant to replace the currently selected material?

I worked it out! Lack of user knowledge [with materials] :wink:

Thanks!

I don’t undestand why do you forbid use of image textures. For some more difficult materials like concrete and wood you can’t get perfect results with procedural only. You can also save a lot of render time when using images (compared to more advanced procedurals).

While I agree that there are a lot of image textures that make a material far more believable… I think their intentions are to make materials that don’t require any other assets other than the nodes to work, as well as avoid unneeded licensing issues associated with image assets.

Also, arguably, you could fairly easily swap out the procedurals on your own and replace them with an image if you wanted to keep the material properties and node setups, but have your preferred raster textures as the input.

When I select Material and hit Import:

Hash 0334be9