Viewing one object's properties while have a different object selected?

Hi everybody,

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already, I tried to UTFSE, but the syntax of my question is rather specific and I couldn’t find what I needed.

Basically, what I am doing is using a driver to connect a particular property of one object to the movement of another. I am in the process of trying to determine the appropriate equation I will need to obtain the results I want. However, the problem is that in the process of doing so, I need to see how the movement of my first object affects the driver’s influence on the second object throughout its entire range of motion.

So what I would like is to be constantly looking at the driver debug menu for one object (which displays both my equation and the resulting level of influence), but be rotating a separate object to affect that influence. HOWEVER, every time I select the object to rotate, I lose focus on the driven object and can no longer see my equation and output!

This means that rather than being able to watch how the value changes dependent on the other object’s rotation in realtime, I have to keep clicking back and forth between the two objects, which is not only inefficient, but terribly annoying, and perhaps even detrimental if there are a range of values that result in strange outputs and I don’t notice because I can’t scrub through the rotation and see the driver output at the same time.

So, does anyone know a way to look at one object’s driver-debug menu while SIMULTANEOUSLY rotating (or whatever) a second object upon which the first is dependent?

Thanks so much, and again, sorry if this has already been asked or is common sense!

In the Graph Editor window turn off the option to only show the channels of selected objects (arrow icon)

Thanks a bunch, that’ll do! Now that I know about that, I’ll keep an eye out for any similar buttons but not just in the Graph Editor.

It’s also possible to pin what properties editor shows