Need Help with an upgrading old Script.

Hi. Recently i found some very helpful script made by Ivo that transfers & merges weights to a parent bone. But this script is old (for 2.48) so it doesn’t works in new Blender. The script is very short, but i’m not a programmer, so if someone will help to upgrade a script to a current version it will be great.here is the script itself: http://www.ivogrigull.com/blender/scripts/Ivo_mergeWeightsToParent.py This option is very helpful when you want to use automatic weights, but the main deform bones sometimes do not reach some areas, or if you want to prevent some other bone to expand it’s weight to specific area. It’s easy to make additional child bone and place it in that area, but you can’t rid off this bones after that, especially if you need to export your model to some realtime engine where the number of bones is critical sometimes.

I experienced some bugs with forum. I tried to edit my post to fix a broken link to the script, but my post dissapeared instead. Here is the text agian:

Hi i found recently some very helpful script made by Ivo. This script transfers and merges weights from a bone to it’s parent bone.
But this script were made for an old version of blender. The script is very short but i’m not a programmer at all, so maybe someone will help to uprade it to work with a current version of blender.
Here is the the link to the script:
http://www.ivogrigull.com/blender/scripts/Ivo_mergeWeightsToParent.py

I wonder why such feature like transfer weight from one bone to another doesn’t exist in blender natively. It’s very helpful when you made a skinning by auto-weight feature and sometimes a bone cannot reach to all the areas that is need to be affected or if you want to prevent the other bone to affect some area. It’s easy to just make such help child bones but you can’t rid of them after that, it’s very important in situations when you need to export the animation to some realtime engine where number of bones is critical. So transfering the weights from one bone to it’s parent is very very helpful. Please help someone)))

Hi…Still need a help(((
My first thought was that such thing it’s some very simple to the ones who knows python & blender. So is it really difficult thing to transfer & merge weights from one bone to another with the script?
Help, please:)