switch y and z axis

Hello everyone.

I come from a programming background where Y always have been up and Z into/out from the screen. Thus I want to changed the axis in blender to conform to this so my brain is not getting confused.

I tried to search for an answer but found nothing so far, except that it can not be done and you have to rotate the object before exporting, but I doubt that could be the case right?

some exporter allows to do the changes !
check it in the exporter you use !
which one are you using ?

happy bl

Flodihn, I just looked through the user preferences panel, and I’m not seeing any setting that will allow you to switch the Y and Z axis. As Ricky said, there is a switch when you export models created in Blender to use either the Y or the Z axis, but I’m not seeing anything for the user interface.

Thanks for all the replies. Exporting is not an issue, when importing it rotates so it ends up right. However, the issue is that my mind get messed up when the Z and Y axis are mixed up between my game engine and Blender.

I suppose I can make a ticket to request the feature, or perhaps if I find the time, add the feature myself.