I wonder how much $ will I pay if I re-use soundtrack from videogames like Ace Combat

My source of income come from my music,novels and artworks which is not that stable.

How do you feel about the folks who, as you say, “re-use,” your music, novels, and artwork? :ba:

There is no​ honor among thieves.

I’ll say I’m glad they use mine. People barely like my music so I’m more than happy just to see someone listen to it!

I share my old albums via torrent because they are old as no one will ever buy them.

I can use them without permission and never be caught because of the country I live in but, I feel like stealing. Anyway if I bought the game, I can use it OST without permission at-least I bought the game!

At best, you would need to contact the artists who worked on the game and ask for their permission (this could mean paying an expensive usage free and/or a sizable royalty fee for all work sold if they say yes), but there’s a chance they will decline and you will need to either make your own music or find free tracks under licenses like the Creative Commons.

Mr Zimr you are a thief plain and simple.

You dang right I am but I am about to change that.

yooo wat…

http://www.freemusicarchive.org Some wonderful artists there.

Using commercialized music is tricky and expensive. You’d mostly likely be looking to get a synchronization license, which allows you to re-edit music underneath video or images. Because there are no industry-wide standards for synch pricing, every music label (or owner) does it arbitrarily based on how you plan to use the music, where it will be heard, how it will be heard, how many times it will be played, etc. Simply purchasing a CD, video game, or movie does not give you license to take it and re-use it (if you’re in the US, there are fair use laws concerning parody and other special situations that exempt you from this).

For music from popular bands, movies, or video games, expect a synchronization license to cost (at a MINIMUM) $1-2K USD. To keep costs low, my own studio chose to license music from a popular local artist—there are many great alternatives to using commercial music.