BGMC 13 | Moon

Its Saturday already, time to upload my game. I didn’t really have the time to make everything the way I wanted but its playable. Big thanks to SolarLune for sharing the Pixelate shader with the rest of us.

Download link

Edit:
Use W and D to move left and right, Space to shoot.

Wow, this is great! It stays very true to the theme.
The stars coming at you is really cool, and it’s hard… but not too hard.

Only complain is the absence of any sound effects. It would’ve made an awesome game even more awesome!
The placeholders for explosions isn’t great, either. The game also causes my laptop to drop down to 8FPS, though it’s not your fault.

Other than those two flaws, I love it!
My current high-score is 54 Points

EDIT: Realized why it was running at 8FPS - the 2D filter.
Deleted that, the game is even better now!

nice!

my best is 19
lol

my score was 24.

It’s great to see the variety of approaches to AI that people have taken. Having the alien ship copy your moves is a great idea.

The good:
Really nice graphics. the ship looks great and the space junk is nicely made.
The star effect us awesome. It’s great to see them flying towards you.
Nice AI effect. Simple but effective.
Having a score system is pretty essential, allows people to compete against each other and makes the game meaningful.
The pixel filter is great, I used that one too. My gratitude to solarlune for that.

The not so good:
The explosion is pretty lame. It would be nice to use a sprite for that one. Or at least have the cube flash some different shades of red and yellow before fading quickly to black.
No sounds? I couldn’t hear anything.

Overall a pretty fun game that would be good to play on a cell phone while riding the school bus with a friend. “Can you beat my high score?” Good work for such a short time.

Good luck with the competition! :slight_smile:

thank you for the nice little game!

played it and had a closer look at the spawn mechanics -
pretty cool to figure out how to built a simple nice spawn-system, even for beginners!

Haha! This game is awesome!

Wow, this is great. Simple and very fun. I want to make this game for mobile.

Thanks,
I’m sure there are similar games for your phone.

I am rating this 7/10. Nice game, good job!:slight_smile: