Low Poly work w/ hand painted textures.

Hello there!

This thread started out as a little project of a house with hand painted textures, but has grown into a project thas has spawned a lot of ideas for a game. Any models I’ll create, I’ll upload here.

Latest update:

Any C&C is much appreciated.

Looks cute.
I would personally add some more detail to the roof (like tiles), since it looks a bit flat. You could also limit the lit rooms to just one or two to add some more randomness to it.

Good work!

edit: A chimney would also fit in very well, but that would of course raise the polycount a little bit.

@teaLeaf

The roof, along with the door, is something I haven’t textured yet. And what exactly do you mean by adding more rooms? Upstairs, downstairs?

I might add a chimney down the line, but I’ll see how that works out when I’ve done the majority of the texturing, as a chimney would be very easy to add.

Amazing what you can do with low poly, thanks for sharing.

I didn’t mean add more rooms, but simply turn off the light (or just dim it a little) in one or two of them.

Oh man, completely misread the comment!

Yeah, the windows were pretty much copied and pasted with the UV coordinates, so I’m going to have to move some of the windows around the UV map (which shouldn’t be more than 30 seconds of work).

Thanks for the suggestion by the way!

@cad_73 Thanks for the compliment! Although the possibilities aren’t as limited as this is obviously… just trying to get a blizzard/World of Warcraft style feel going on here.

Tiny little update here; no work done on the windows yet, but there’s tiles on the roof right now!

Hope you’ll enjoy!

Beautifully done. Simple yet very effective.

@sovvolf Thank you!

Another little update… just seeing how it’d look in a simple scene.

Considering how bright and vibrant colours are, I think the scene is bit too dark.

Well, considering I made an emission map for the windows, I wanted to text that out in a somewhat dark environment, hence the darkish scene.

He means there is too much value in the textures.

the house is looking great!! yah lighten up the textures and to add contrast just drop ambient occlusion it it…

Just another quick update here. No work done on the textures as I personally found the lighting to be a bit off. Hope this fices it… I guess it could be that both me and my girlfriend have monitors hooked up to the PC’s through HDMI, which messes with the image.

Anyhow, I hope you’ll enjoy this screenshot I pulled out of the BGE (except for my incredibly flashy logo of course).

its looking beautiful except the stones, they seem to be floating. ,new to the blender so dont know if AO can be used but you can darken up the stone texture where it is meeting the ground.

Thanks.

The stones aren’t floating, thr fact of the matter is that I baked the AO map before placing them, and I have no idea how to get an SSAO going in the game engine (as it’s a screenshot taken from the standalone GE, not a render).

maybe using some sort of shadow system would help it integrate, or best try painting fake ao at the bottom of stone texture.

Well, it seems I’m going a little bit off topic here… and I’m truly starting to think about starting a Game WIP topic, along with a collaboration effort.

Things just keep popping up in my head in the same visual style, and this time it’s a crystal formation (although it was more of a test to see if I could.

Again, hope you’ve enjoyed!

crystal formation is looking great, the textures painted is perfect!! it would be exiting to see a game coming up!! go on with the thread!!

I’m guessing one or more assets a day keep the doctor away. So here’s another one, damnit!

The texture is still a work in progress, but it’s nearly there.

Enjoy, and thanks for checking it out.