Challenge #583 (08/15/14) Entries OPENED

Theme #583 for Friday 22th of August 2014 is: The Unknown

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 25th of August 2014.

Wow, that’s really open ended!

I know what you mean i’m kind of “unwitted” by this LOL

I’m thinking a giant question mark might be in order.

Pure Blender and a bit of post-pro in GIMP.

can we use models we have all ready made i’ve got something that would work for this?
it’s a scene from a movie i have been working on.

You can, but that puts you in the ‘open’ catagory, as opposed to the ‘pure’ catagory. the pure catagory is considered to have the edge, but open entries can win too, and have.

Pure simple entry: toward the unknown

More o less with the style i did some Wec’s ago.

Hello,
This is my fast PURE entry for this week. Low resolution because it render very slowly.

You can always find out whats around a corner… but suppose the passage was curved?

this is a scene from a movie that i wrote and am working on
the character models were sculpted and the weapon were custom made by me if you look at the trees they look kind of twisted but they are not its the way i unwraped the textures
and this was done in cycles but i’ve had this done for about 4 months and just added the mist to it today to give it an earry uknown look

a blender galaxy.A lot of particles with some painting and compositing… everything done in blender.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328972[/ATTACH]

Here is my entry. Everything made in blender. I decided to make a short, 10-15 sec, animation out of it, and now I have to wait for it to render:P Love the idea of xy.exe;) but mik1190 will probably get my vote.

(RED) Pure, Cycles 500. Entries are looking good everyone!

Paraglide into the abyss

Here is my non-competing entry:

Uncertainty Principle

For further reading on this topic…

RobertT

Shadow Dance. Cycles.

I’ll go open on this, for one thing I did cheat and use clip art for the silhouettes. I used them in blender as transparency masks for 2 colored suns.

Like the shadow dancing photox.
and i’m woundering what drosses red button does i think i’m going to push it to see??
your allways told “do not to push the red button” but i want!!?

mix the scenes an create a story… :smiley:

@Photox, personally I see yours as basically pure :wink:
Personally in a case like that i’d try to get svg’s or use Inkscape to convert into so, then its an easy job to import them to Blender, can also easily make your own too then…