Bgmc 13 | submissions open

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Blender Game Making Challenge is very rapidly coming to a close. I hope everyone had fun trying to squeeze out a game in a week, and now it’s crunch time to try and get that last bit of polish in!

Submissions:

All submissions must be posted by the end of Saturday, Aug 23 at midnight, your local time. If you want to re-upload or change anything, it must be done before midnight. A couple things to do to submit your game:

• When you are ready to submit your game, be sure to pack your .blend file and check that it can be downloaded and played.
  • Create a post in the Finished Games forum to showcase and provide the download link for your game there.
  • Post a response in this thread and provide a link (and a screenshot/description if you want) to your finished game thread.
  • Pat yourself on the back for making a whole game in a week.

Judging:

After all the submissions are in, there will be a glorious relaxing week of playing everyone’s games. The judging is broken into two parts, the judges vote (40% all around score) and the community vote (60% all around score). Please partake in the community vote (even if you didn’t partake in the challenge) and message me your scores, on a scale of 1 to 10, of all the games you played (play them all if you can! That’s right, I’m encouraging you to play more video games!!) for each of the following four categories:

• Gameplay
  • Graphics
  • Polish
  • WHY HASN’T NINTENDO MADE THIS!?

YOUR SCORES hold the majority vote in this challenge, so be sure and let yourselves be heard! …And be sure your votes are in before the end of next week.

Finally, at the end of next week, the scores will be tallied and the winners will be announced and receive INFINITE GLORY(!) as well as various other accoutrements.

I hope you all had fun making your games, I hope you all learned some new tricks, I hope you’ll all have fun playing each others games, and I know I can’t wait to see and play your games!

Good Luck Everyone!
[firsties]

My game is called ‘Captain Brown’.

A 2d side scroller with a simple story.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?346889-BGMC-13-Captain-Brown&p=2711799#post2711799

1. No “.exe” submissions please. This prevents me and other Linux/OSX users from trying out most of the games.
    One should also take into account, that everything in the “.exe” becomes GPL which could cause trouble with external assets like fonts etc that were distributed under another license.

2. What do you mean with “pack your .blend file”? should we pack everything into a main blendfile that contains the whole game?

I wish you all best Luck! Looking forward to play your games :slight_smile:

No “.exe” submissions please. This prevents me and other Linux/OSX users from trying out most of the games.

Right, forgot about that. I’ll update the main post.

You need to pack your .blend files so that all your external textures and sounds will travel with the file itself. Otherwise when someone else opens it it will just be blank geometry.

Well, I could not finish the game, anyway, Good luck to all! :slight_smile:

Do you guys actually judge your own games as well?
It seems a little bit weird for me to do that!

No, just judge everyone elses

So, we vote on a 1/10 scale for each category, on every game?
If so, that will leave you with a ridiculous amount of tallying once the judging week starts.

44 scores to be tallied per voter (40 if they’re a developer)

Alright, thus ends the 13th Blender Game Making Contest. Thank you to everyone who played the games and submitted their judging, I’ll be tallying them all up and revealing the winners in the next day or so. So stay tuned!

Lets hear it :smiley:

Who won?

I r excited 2 know!

Ok! Sorry it took me so long to tally things up, but here are the long awaited results:

• Seicross II by RandomPickle97
  • Moon by Josip Kladaric
  • Sentry ZX II by Wendigo
  • Earth Force X by kendrick1397
  • Phantom Demake by Wallmasterr
  • Captain Brown by Throne
  • Naval Battle by Fluppi393
  • Tank Builder by Smoking_Mirror
  • Blarg O Tron by BluePrintRandom
  • Drone Massacre by sdfgeoff
  • Deep Space by Fredstash

Congratulations to our new champion: RandomPickle97!!! You are the winner of INFINITE GLORY, a place in the HALL OF FAME, a 20$ Steam gift card, and the HONOR OF CHOOSING THE NEXT THEME (and hosting it)!

Congratulations to the runner up: Josip Kladaric!!! You are also a winner of a $20 Steam gift card!

Congratulations to all the contestants who partook in this challenge: You made a game in under a week! Hopefully you’ve learned a few tricks and have sharpened your skills a little bit more. And hopefully you will all take place in future contests!

It has been an honor hosting such a contest (hopefully everything went along without too many problems) and thank you to those who participated in the judging. I hope you all had fun making and playing games these past few weeks. Until next time!

(Winners, I will contact you shortly)

Congrats to RandomPickle97, deserved win.

Shogun Lloyd:
Thank you for all the effort you put into this contest. :slight_smile:

Congratulations RandomPickle97 and good job to everyone. :slight_smile:

Didn’t expect this, let alone the top 3…
but thanks bunch guys! Now I can cross “win a BGMC” off my list of goals in life.
Had a lot of fun playing your games!

Big thanks to Shogun for organizing this contest, I’m sure it’s wasn’t an easy task.
Looking forward to hosting the next competition, hope I can do as good of a job as he did.
Any pointers you BGMC veterans can share, I’d be appreciative!

Thanks again!

Congrats!
http://www.logan.ws/images/quotes/stewiegriffin.gif
Until next time, (I will Achieve Vengeance!)

Congratulations, and good job to everyone! There were some terrific entries. :yes: