Sardi Pax 10K Blender Competition

In celebration of my Youtube Blender Tutorial channel reaching 10,000 subscribers, I am hosting a Blender competition.

The subject is : Ten

You can create either a still image or a short animation.

The winner of the competition will receive the golden Fat Suzanne prize. Please note that I have made this prize myself and (unfortunately) it is not solid gold. It is however covered in gold leaf.

The closing date for the competition is September 30th 2014. I will try to announce the winner within a week of that date.

Here are the rules, please take a moment to read them all:

1. You can submit either a still image or a short animation (less than 3 minutes).
  2. Entries must be created by the competitor specifically for this competition.
  3. Use of Creative Commons material is permitted but must be documented in the submission (in accordance with the CC license).
  4. Entrants must be prepared (on request) to submit their Blend file as proof that Blender was used to create their entry.
  5. The winner will be decided by me, Sardi Pax, so I apologise now if you don’t like my choice.
  6. By entering the competition you agree for your work to be featured on my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/srf123) where I will reveal the winner.
  7. The winner will be requested to send me a real-world address so that I can send them their prize.
  8. Image submissions must be uploaded directly to this forum in blenderartists.org to be accepted but animations may link to a video hosting service (for example Youtube).
  9. Only one entry per person will be considered, you can post Works In Progress (WIPs) but please state that they are WIP in the description so I only consider your final entry.
  10. You can post-process your work in non-Blender applications such as Gimp or Photoshop as long as the focus of the image was created in Blender.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Sardi Pax

[ATTACH=CONFIG]327914[/ATTACH]

Attachments

I’m one of your subscribers! :smiley:

So the subject is “ten” and I assume we’re to interpret that however we will?

That’s right, you can take it as a number, a word, a quantity or a score, anything you wish. You can make of it a building, a character or interpret in some unique way.

hi!

i just wanted to know how many entries can i person submit.

Please make one entry only Manucatni. I’ll update the rules as I should have said that.

Can I modify my image with Gimp before submitting it?

EDIT:

I made my entry, if it turns out I cannot use background image and/or Gimp I’ll probably replace it if that’s OK.

I call it “10 Seconds” referring to the countdown of a launch of a new spacecraft:

Creative Commons items used:

CC0 licensed planet background image

CC0 licensed ship pieces models by GreyOxide (Significantly improved creation time, thanks GreyOxide!)

Hi YG, yes you can modify the result with applications like Gimp or Photoshop as long as the focus of the image was created by Blender.

SARDI!!! I LOVE YOUR TUTORIALS! You’ve helped me more than you can imagine :smiley:

this is a custom 10K gold lambo i made with custom F1 interior steering and gas peds

Here’s a quick WIP render, i’m thinking if you can see it there’s a vague small station there and the last 10 people are on it.

After 10 seconds of rain.

Here is my WIP, I figured a strike in bowling was appropriate.

I’m not sure if I’ll enter this contest, but I do appreciate your tutorials. They all seem very well thought out, and professionally done. So for now I’ll just congratulate you on your 10,000 subscribers, and I’ll look forward to seeing the entries for the contest.

@DRoss
That looks interesting. Do you have a simple emission shader with an “input->layerwieght” node plugged into the strength value?

@ TARDIS Thanks, I do. It is tied into two overlapping toon shaders. I like the effect but I may go back to a more realistic scene.

@Masterbleu
How can we be sure that that isn’t Blender Guru’s tutorial on a rainy window? It looks very similar.

it was based on that, but it is my own work, my render. As well it sure don’t look as good as Andrews.

@Masterbleu
I would suggest a more original concept.

this is my take on the tutorial there are many differences then what Andrew showed. if any one wants to see the my original file happy to show it.

Bleu

this is my take on the tutorial there are many differences then what Andrew showed. if any one wants to see the my original file happy to show it.

Bleu