HEAD WRINKLES SIMULATION tutorial

HI Everyone,

I’ve been working on personnal animation reel lately and faced a lot of problem to create advanced muscle deformation and simulation linked to a rigg.
Through my recent studies I’ve found a way to frive shapekeys even from a constrained bone and also to create some skin deformation using driven displacement map.

As I wanted to share this with the community and as I’m aiming to become an official tutor, I just had to make my very first tutorial ^-^.

I do believe it’s not perfect but I think there might be some answers for some blender users here.

You can follow my work on www.p2design.eu

I’ll list some feedback/impressions/critique/tips that I can think of, maybe it will give you ideas in return.

I was afraid of the accent before even starting the tutorial but no, that didn’t bother me, I was able to understand what was being told. I was really happy about the missing “ummm” “uhh” noises so many tutors repeat - it’s more pleasant to rewind to see a step that went too quickly than listen to words that don’t mean anything throughout the tutorial, making it twice longer.

Overall I think it’s a good tutorial. It says tutorial in the title but maybe it’s more like a quick tip on intermediate/advanced level, like was mentioned; I already know about topology, UV unwrapping, vertex groups/weights, shape keys, splitting shapes, rigging and using drivers so I was able to follow very easily. A complete beginner might say it’s not a tutorial at all, can’t understand anything and it’s too fast.

Using uppercase in the title might not be a good idea. To me it’s just a lame attempt to draw attention. “LOOK WHAT I MADE”. Don’t care if there aren’t any writing mistakes or it doesn’t say “lol”, I’m going to assume it’s done by a 10 year old just based on the title.

Audio quality. You might already be aware of these but in case not

• If you’re using a laptop microphone, get a separate one. Blocking outside noises, minimizing keyboard sounds and mouse clicks makes audio much better and it’s easier to do with a separate microphone. In case the microphone is located close to your head at some point, it also needs a pop filter
  • Check the input levels so that it’s not too loud and gain so that it never reaches anywhere close to maximum. Levels shouldn’t vary too much, they didn’t and probably won’t but if they reach maximum, that is really bad because it makes the audio cut off
  • One thing many tutors miss is keeping audio levels the same across multiple videos. No one will notice if that is done or levels don’t change much because the same setup is used - Most will notice if they have to change the volume when moving from one tutorial to the next. Of course if you add more audio sources in edit or otherwise, you’ll want to check the levels between those too.

Absolute worst case scenario is a live session with more than one people and each having different audio levels. One that has good audio, one with too low levels, and one loud orangutan with too high gain and audio cut off.

Edit: by audio cut off I mean digital cut off which turns voice into noise.

Hi JA12 , thanks for this encouraging feedback :slight_smile: