skin

hi all

being trying really hard for a long while now to make realistic skin, i am sure i have watched every tutorial available. please let me know what you think and how this can improve. i have added a cyan cooling filter in photoshop.

shaun

hi all

updated post, did some more work in photoshop, please give cc.

shaun

The first is better, I think … no, they’re simply different. Either one of them is good. What sort of final-product do you have in mind for this guy? What sort of lighting and setting do you anticipate using? Where are you going with this?

Hi sundialsvc4

thanks for having a look and sorry i took so long to respond, been busy at work.

i am very new to sculpting and blender, but really loving it. aim is to get to the place where the sculpt/pic is very realistic. i posted a work in finished projects by the name of keziah, but it was really far from finished. the skin is for that sculpt as i want to try and get it right before moving on to something else. i am having trouble finding bigger than 1024 skin textures and the ones i have found are not female skin. maybe someone can suggest a site, looking for 4k textures.

i have attached a pic, that i used a three point lighting system, pic has only 1000 samples, probably need 5k to get rid of fireflies.

shaun

My advice is to either hand-paint textures or use full-body turnarounds (Or full face-turnarounds if it’s just a face) and projection paint. Also, I’ve never done this myself but I’ve seen some pretty impressive bumpmaps created using various voronoi procedural textures (I was looking at a realtime SSS demo from “The Forest” game that used that technique).

Overall the skin is pretty good. I think the SSS is a touch too strong and I think the lips could be a little more glossy. The hair looks great, but I think the girl’s eyebrows could use a little fixing. The expression on this piece is flawless.

Anyways, I hope this is helpful, this is my tenth post so I’ll be able to post links now, if I find any useful texture references.