Tom´s Adventures (RPG) - Dialog System + City

I´m working on a new Blender Game, it´s called: “Tom´s Adventures”

Newest Updates:

Small Fighting system Demo:

First Gameplay-Trailer:

You play as Tom in a world full of Monsters and Adventures.
So far Tom can walk, run, jump, hit Monsters,hide in grass, gain XP, get hit by Monsters :wink:
The Game takes place in an Open World.
There are Boss Enemies to come as well as a lot of other cool stuff.

Everything is done by me: Modeling,Texturing,Rigging,Animation,Game Logic and Sounds
https://soundcloud.com/boom_d is helping me at painting textures and recording sounds.

Wow, this looks amazing :smiley:

Added in a tower, yet untextured ladders, a sandstorm and a sword

Looks really great. I’ll rate it 4/5 at the current state.
It’d be cool to see a video to see how the enemies are reacting.

Here you go :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Enemy reaction is far from beeing final, I will improve them a lot in the future. They are just for testing for now.

Amazing Work :wink:

Really cool stuff,

Likes.

1. I like the feeling of size when he stands next to the tower building. I like to get a sense of “Wow this building is way bigger than me”
  2. I like how if he doesnt have a weapon he goes into fist-fight mode.
  3. I like how he turns invisible(translucent) in the plants.
  4. I like the high enemy count without the framerate drain.
  5. I like how when he died his head is buried in the sand :smiley:

Good video. Left me wanting some more. How does the AI work when he goes into the plants and turns invisible.

That’s pretty simple : all the mobs track to the player if he is visible. If he is hiding the mobs don’t track to him anyore.
Thanks for all the nice comments. I will eventually start with adding in a boss today. So please stay tuned for updates.

The boss will have to wait for now. But I added in water, a sword texture and sword combos.

Nice work, !!

4/5

Hey I´m still working on Toms Adventures. Here´s a small update on a city I´m working on right now. Check my Youtube Channel to see update videos immediatly when they come out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/blenderrendersky

About those three windows at the top of your tower…
I would personally add some unique flourishes to them. They’re pretty obviously copied, I’d make just a few slight changes to make them stand out between eachother more.

But yeah, this looks great!

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, I had them all painted individually but without the detail and then I decided to copy them for the sake of time.

I added a pallisade. I think I will leave the windows for now, no one will really care.

Check my Youtube for Update Videos:

Working on NPCs. Guards of the city.

Leave me some feedback.

Check out this small update on Tom´s Adventures. I´m working on the NPC AI and the fighting system.

Hey for anyone intersted:
I started working on the slime boss
He will look like this:

Feedback is highly appreciated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very Zelda-Esque. Great job :slight_smile:

I really love your artstyle. The way you do your people looks really good and I can actually tell they’re people. It’s great!