Linked group pivot point question

Hi guys!!

I’ve got a question I’ve been trying to solve but can’t seem to get anywhere with it:

• I’ve created my objects and grouped them (testgroup) in file #1
  • Opened file #2 and linked the testgroup from file #1
  • So far so good, now here’s my problem…the pivot point on the linked group is placed wrong and I wish to move it to the right position…is there a way to do this or am I missing something?

I appologize if this has been discussed before :o and a note to the admins, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this question, so feel free to move it to the correct place if needed.

FYI I’m using Blender 2.71

Anyone have an idea???

Wherever the world center is in file #1 is where the origin point of the group instance will be in file #2. Notice the linked-in group instance is really just an empty with a group selected in its Properties > Object > Duplication panel. There’s no way to change an empty’s object origin. You’ll have to either parent the instance empty to another empty or reposition your objects in file #1.

Ask to get thread moved with the little triangle report button at bottom left of your post.

-LP

Thank you very much!! I moved the group in file #1 to where I needed the pivot point to be and all worked out great! Thanks

In the future I know how to request a thread to be moved…:cool: