Sniper Scene (unfinished)

Hi guys! I’m looking for some feedback and constructive criticism. Please let me know if there is anything I should add (especially to the back wall) I realize the Ivy on the back wall sucks at the moment, but also I want to include something more on the back wall…so please give me some ideas!

Everything was modeled, textured, and rendered in Blender.

This is my first post…so I hope you like it!

Thank you!!

(Unload both gun and scene, both rendered at 250 samples)

Attachments

Looking for any advice guys! Please help you out! Thanks!

1. the hole in the front wall does not look very natural, it looks deliberately carved out by hand.

2. the bullet holes in the wall do not look like they match the depth that is shown in the hole

3. I don’t think a sniper with a sophisticated rifle would leave his shell casings scattered on a dirty floor.

other than that it’s better than what I can do so please don’t read this as an attack on your skills, it’s defiantly not.

Firstly, you have a great start here. The gun is very well done.

I do agree with strat on the holes and the wall. I think you are showing great depth with the larger hole in the wall. But, the bullet holes are too shallow and make the wall seem a bit wrong.

Overall, I really love the feeling in the image, so far. Great Work!!!

lighting looks unbalanced to me. Compare for example how bright walls are to gun … try to balance shaders to lighting propagation. Walls and floor has too much glossy component or gun has to low. in corners between floor and walls try add dirt / dust texture, now it is to clear, too perfect.

I have to disagree with this one. If the sniper does not wish to reload the casings, they’d have no reason not to leave them on the floor if they are still at the scene. Since the rifle is still there, it makes sense that in whatever situation this is supposed to be it would be fitting for the shell casings to be laying on the floor. At least in my opinion.