Modern House Exterior

update 04-09-2014

You’re really putting out a lot of good work. It’s a good start. I can tell this one is going to be one to follow.

Thank you very much, Frobenius.Edge for the positive feedback :slight_smile:

Lighting improvements :

This is a cropped image of the render because the environment isn’t done yet.

Maybe the front wall is a bit too dirty for the style of the house.
Though, it is a very good render so far! Good lighting. How did you achieved the boards wall? Is it a single texture os mdoeled boards?

Thanks Lell, I’ll work on that. The wooden wall is just a mixing of textures.

Cheers,

Sebas. :slight_smile:

Hey!! I’m here again trying to add grass to my exterior.

The grass is not finished yet, but how it’s looking so far?

Im no expert but that looks pretty sweet if you ask me. The only thing I might suggest is having it less consistent along the cracks. Maybe more bare by the steps, and then along the edges have more. Just a bit more random I guess.

Thanks @dksloane, good tip :slight_smile:

from afar this is how it looks(the grass) :

I know, it doesn’t match with the HDR yet. I’ll work on that later…

Hi! So far an excellent work! really like the materials, but i would love to see how you did the grass :slight_smile:

You have a good eye for realism the materials and grass are very convincing. Might I ask how you go about getting the sort of light dispersion effect in the render where white parts have a bit of red and blue on the edge?

That grass is fantastic. Can’t wait to see updates.

Wow this looks Great! Inspires me to get busy and do some Arch-Rendering too…

Thanks Thanzex! I want to make a tutorial when I finish the project. :slight_smile:

@dksloane : Thanks for the kind words! That is called chromatic aberration and you can achieve it with the Lens Distort node in Blender compositor. :slight_smile:
@Mir :D. I’ll keep you updated.
@norvman : Oh! It’s cool to know I inspire someone. Send me the thread link when you start to work on that, I would like to see it! Cheers!

Send me the thread link when you start to work on that

I probably would just throw it in my sketchbook … see my signature…

Hey Blender Artists! This is my work so far, I think I need to fix the overexposure and the forest looks too empty. What do you think?

Hi everyone! updateee! What do you think? :slight_smile:

Attachments

Your new result is too cool, I think it is too “white” but that is only my opinion, maybe is just my prefference. The trees and the grass look realistic.