My Recent Work, a countryside sunset.

Hey guys, this was completed few months back. It began with a study in rendering and simulating grass. The house, trees, the grass field and the windmill at the far left are 3D (rendered in cycles ), while the background image is an image, and foreground tree branches, and some foliage in the immediate foreground are painted strokes. The image was rendered in several passes, and then composited over background image and then further painted over. Overall, it was a very fun process and I actually learned a lot about the particle system.

Hope you guys like it.

Woah! That is amazing!!! Keep it up! :wink:

The modeled foreground and background seem to blend in almost perfectly (though it is a tad sudden on the left side of the image).

Also, the wood texture seems to be a bit 2-dimensional (not enough bump perhaps) and a little blurry, but the image overall is well done.

Marvelous work! I love the lighting a lot!

Yeah, I actually spent a lot less time on the house itself. It could have been a lot better no doubt. I was mainly onto simulating the grass, especially its shader. That’s mainly the reason why I lighted the scene, almost backlit and grazing the ground surface so that i could test the shader attributes, mainly the translucency amount and the variation in the color when backlit.

Thanks…glad you liked it.

Wow. I really like it. Great lighting a feel, also cool architecture :wink:

• the balance of fore- and back-grounds fits sweet

OH! MAN WELL DONE!:yes:

Wow, very nicely done. A very comprehensive scene that blends seamlessly. I really like this one.

Hello Daulat, amazing job, really wooden house could be a little better. The lighting is only HDR? And the material of grass you could comment a little more?
Thank you!